Making decisions

Old 07-30-2012, 06:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool Making decisions

I am on the right road to stop enabling my ASon, I think. I just read a post from this morning with a few other posts attached by the moderator.

DIL asked if we would have the kids for two weeks. My head started spinning on how this will work with our ASon getting out of rehab and possibly being released from jail on the same day the kids would come here. I stopped thinking about AS this morning after reading posts. I want the kids to be here so I put my alcholic son (in rehab via jail) on the back burner. I will take one day at a time. I will let DIL know she can drop off the kids, and we will enjoy our grandchildren. When my husband picks up our AS at rehab to take him back to jail for his appearance, he will deal with 'if' AS is released from jail and 'if' AS wants to come here (with his children) or go to the empty house and not see his kids (after 4 months of being apart). The other side of the coin is the Judge may send him back to jail. All out of my hands...tha tis for sure. I will have my grandchildren here and enjoy them. That is what I want for me. If our AS is released and comes here to be with his children, I will tell him he can not drink in our home. If he drinks he will be asked to leave WITHOUT his children. I don't know how that will happen (if it has to happen), but I know I will have guidance from my higher power. I have to trust in Him. Oh God, please guide me to be a whole person. I ask God every morning to please take the scattered thoughts from my head because there is nothing I can do about all of the thoughts. God grant me serenity to accept the things I can not change.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't know how that will happen (if it has to happen), but I know I will have guidance from my higher power. I have to trust in Him. Oh God, please guide me to be a whole person. I ask God every morning to please take the scattered thoughts from my head because there is nothing I can do about all of the thoughts. God grant me serenity to accept the things I can not change

thank you for posting this. I needed to read this today.