12 years away, pain brought me back

Old 07-29-2012, 08:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

12 years away, pain brought me back

Hi, I've been reading these forums for a couple weeks. They REALLY help! I went to AlaNon 12 years ago, got a sponsor and worked thru ninth step. My whole world became simply a dream come true! Wow, well it's bad now. So out of pure desperation I returned to AlaNon 2 months ago. I found a wonderful group on Fernandina Beach. I got an old time AlaNon sponsor and I'm back in the steps.
I'm buried in guilt, fear , frustration and uncertainty. My A hasn't drank but quit mtgs years ago and we've both gone nuts, I think. I hate these fear of abandonment issues. That is the worst. I want to be better now. I know; one day at a time, etc.
Anyway just thought I'd break the ice and do a post.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hi R53 and welcome!

Don't beat yourself up too much... I am another who spent some time in Al Anon and went away for awhile before finding myself in a LOT of pain and I came back too. At least we knew where to turn, eh?

Pull up a chair, click around a bit and read some of the stickies. You'll find that many here are in a similar place. Much like FTF meetings, we help each other here by sharing our own Experience, Strength and Hope.

We're glad you're here.

Cats