SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   HONESTY and the new job (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/263737-honesty-new-job.html)

fourmaggie 07-28-2012 11:13 AM

HONESTY and the new job

3 strikes and you are out?...

I have been having problems for 3 weeks with my new job...my Aunt owns this bakery, and i have been working there since May.

I did a wedding resently, i worked 26 hours in that HEAT...i worked hard....the following week, i went to get my pay for this and she only gave me CASH, no pay stub, no vacation pay or no tip from the bride and groom...

I have asked her 3xs in the last 3 weeks about this...she keeps making shift blaming and excuses on not coming to pick this up at the work place...not only that, she has cancelled all of my shifts(coming up to a total of 46 hours)...

I am pissed! that she has put me in this ackward position....:gaah
I know my WORK rights, i have called them, many, many times....i know what i have to do...because of MY HONESTY, i may lose my job over this...

why am i posting this...because this is the dysfunction of my family when it comes to the As in my life and my environment....

THIS DISEASE EFFECTS EVERYONE and EVERYWHERE....

i just needed to be validated is all....:thanks

laurie6781 07-28-2012 11:34 AM

Oh my! I hope you can 'work' this out with the help of the "labor depart-
ment" in your area.

This is an example of why I made it a 'boundary' for me, many many
years ago, even when I was still drinking, NOT to work for any 'family
member, close or distant, EVER. Just a personal boundary of mine as I
have seen incidents like this happen over and over to friends and
sponsees.

Sending good thoughts and prayers to you.

Love and hugs,

fourmaggie 07-31-2012 08:32 AM

^^^ thank you...i have a meeting with her today...

with some thinking...i have realized i can not work in that type of work environment...and yes its time for me to leave....if this meeting does not work out...4 strikes and your out!...and i am sorry, i can not "live and let live"....this is my pay, and i have rights....

this is now gonna be one of my boundaries also Laurie....NO WORKING FOR FAMILY:gaah

Tuffgirl 07-31-2012 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by fourmaggie (Post 3513107)
^^^ thank you...i have a meeting with her today...

with some thinking...i have realized i can not work in that type of work environment...and yes its time for me to leave....if this meeting does not work out...4 strikes and your out!...and i am sorry, i can not "live and let live"....this is my pay, and i have rights....

this is now gonna be one of my boundaries also Laurie....NO WORKING FOR FAMILY:gaah

I also follow the 3 strikes rule for most parts of my life! Works well in most circumstances. ; )

And I wholeheartedly second not working for family. My 18 yr old D recently quit a job she had working for the BIL. They really took advantage of her and had her doing things under the guise of "family" that made her uncomfortable and defeated the purpose of why she wanted to job in the first place. I let her quit on the spot 3 weeks ago. She called her previous boss and got her old job back instantly, so I think it was all meant to be.

Good luck!
~T

fourmaggie 07-31-2012 08:43 AM

ooh i also wanted to add...any normal human being would not even give her this many chances...so why cant i?