Caution: very long! Feeling like I'm just done..

Old 07-25-2012, 08:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking Caution: very long! Feeling like I'm just done..

I don't want to jinx myself, but I have been itching to post all day about my revelations. I am feeling so fed up, yet serene, when it comes to my "relationship." I am at the point with my ABF where I just don't really care anymore.

I am tired of his stupid choices. He never thinks of anyone but himself. He got his license suspended as the result of a property hit and run that happened a month ago (he hit a MAILBOX, didn't realize he hit it, he has insurance so there would be no reason for him to run...and surprisingly he blew a 0). He also got 10 days in jail, with his lawyer was able to have put on weekends so he can still work. As a result of getting in trouble his PO gave him 2 weekends in jail, but the judge ran them concurrently. I work in the legal field and can say with confidence that someone without a criminal record/who wasn't on parole would not get the same kind of punishment for such a meager thing. BUT he has done so many things he could have gotten in trouble for, so I feel like this is karma.

I have repeatedly told him that I wish he would not drive while suspended. I told him it's up to him what he does, but I won't stick around in the aftermath, and I won't see him if he drives to see me. He doesn't need to drive...he lives right on a bus line and can get to work no problem. But of course he drove yesterday and he got pulled over. There was some confusion as to whether his license was even suspended yet (DMV takes forever and he had been checking up until last week) so the cop just gave him a ticket. I'm shocked he didn't get worse.

I told him I don't want to do this anymore, I'm sick of him doing whatever he wants and hoping he doesn't get in trouble. His response was "I guess my parents are right and what I've been saying about myself is true, I belong in jail or prison". I told him if he really thinks that, then he shouldn't want to drag me along with him. I was at work while this all happened. I didn't freak out like I would have in the past...I think this is a good sign and a bad sign. It's a good sign because I'm not scrambling to clean up his mess and be there for him anymore. It's bad because I'm not even surprised anymore when this crap happens.

Everything is such a hot mess right now. Work is crazy busy and stressful, plus all the crap with him for the last couple of months. I had already e-mailed my boss the day before to see about taking a trip down to Texas to visit my sister next week, but he hadn't responded yet. After ABF texted me about getting pulled over, I went to talk to my boss about it again. He said yes, so I booked it on my lunch hour. ABF goes into jail on Friday evenings and comes out on Sunday evening. The past 2 weekends I have made an effort to go see him because I know how bad it messes with his head to be back in there. But I don't care about this Sunday, and next Sunday I will still be on the plane back home. Ha!

Sorry for the novel, just wanted to give some hope to those out there in my same situation. I feel a new leaf may have turned over in this little head of mine.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Lol actually I meant when he is outt. Weekends in jail means mo visitors, shower, phone calls
Old 07-26-2012, 03:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Two words: Dump him.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
ok, when the date takes place immediately after their release from jail!!!
Or, when you have to plan dates around his "jail schedule," lol.

L