Autopsy inconclusive

Old 07-24-2012, 05:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Autopsy inconclusive

Anyone have experience with this? Coroner said we have to wait 15-16 weeks for toxicology results. Just curious.....

More asthma, more tears.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

I'm sorry Birdgurl, I have no experience with this. Tears over here too. (((hugs)))
Old 07-24-2012, 05:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((Birdgurl)) - I'm sorry, I have no personal experience with this but I do know of some similar cases. There are times there just isn't a definite answer, and I can only imagine that is incredibly hard to take, but it is what it is.

You did what you could, sweetie, but he made his choice. Lay down the guilt stick, let it go. Most of us carry it around for a while, but it's not ours to carry.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-24-2012, 05:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Zee

Hi Birdgurl
I'm so sorry for your loss. Its a terrible disease.
I only know that Amy Winehouse and Whitney Houston had toxology reports which took about that long. I did a quick google but I don't think its anything that you should be worrying about at this time. You have to be thinking about you right now. Take care of yourself x
Old 07-24-2012, 06:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((((((Birdgirl)))))))))))

I'm so sorry. It would be nice if you could just have the 'why' in a neat little package. The toxicology results might shed some light for you but really, what does it matter? I say this with love in my heart. Be gentle and loving with yourself right now. Take care of YOU.

Hugs...and a whole lot of sympathy...

Mary
Old 07-24-2012, 09:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about your loss. Just my opinion, could have been a number of things, if the alcoholic was Stage 5, it could have been hemmoraging from the esophagus/stomach lining, it could have been cihrossis, some sort of liver complications, it could have been a bad detox, and serious DTs, or a heart condition brought on by the alcoholism.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

No answers here. Only hugs.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

((((birdgurl)))

Some lab tests, toxicology particularly take more time. my late husbands took about. Seven weeks. Drugs /alcohol weren't suspected. Turned out to be a straight up heart attack. lots of family history of this type of heart attack.

But I truly do understand the need to know. The pieces have to fit. It did matter to me. I hope you get the news you need quickly. when I got the death certificate it read "undetermined pending toxicology labs results.". At least with that, you can get some business done. With drugs, seems I recall there were two choices. natural and accidental.

Your funeral director should be able to help explain or the coroners staff.

love to you from Lenina
Old 07-25-2012, 07:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Birdgurl,

Sending love and hugs your way.

I am soooo sorry for your loss. I think that you are a strong person and I think it is great that you have gotten on here to share. We are here for you!!!! xoxoxoxoxo
Old 07-25-2012, 01:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you can come to terms with this soon and realise you did all you could. Take care.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry. Some closure will be helpful for you, and I'm sorry that you will have to wait so long for the toxicology report.

I send you big hugs.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My 31 year old son died 5 weeks ago. I still have not received the death certificate with the "official" cause of death or any toxicology results but the Coroner was able to determine that the underlying cause was due to "chronic alcohol abuse" due to the condition of his organs and the primary cause of death was from gastrointestinal bleeding. I guess it really doesn't matter to me so much what the tox results are because I know why he died. I have spent a lot of time reading threads on this site ever since he was hospitalized due to a terrible withdrawal back in February and it has been very helpful to know that other people have lived through the nightmare that I am living. You always think there is going to be another "rock bottom" event, but not death. You prepare yourself for the worst, talk yourself into that you will be able to handle anything, but when that call comes, all the knowledge in the world just goes out the window. Whether you feel it was within their control or that the disease took over, it just plain hurts and you would give anything for one more moment with them--drunk or sober. Maybe that's wrong, but until you have dealt with your "problem" dying, you just don't know how terrible it is. At least when they are still alive, you have SOME hope that they will get better. No take-backs with death.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Justplainsad,

I am so sorry about your son. My heart aches for you. You expressed in words what I cannot seem to get out of my head. It is the death of hope. No take backs. Just so sorry. Thanks for taking the time to be so heartfelt and truthful. Sending you love from my heart.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Birdgurl and Justplainsad, I am very sorry for the loss of your loved ones.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:19 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

This is exactly how my daughter's uncle died...

...and, at four years old, she was the one to discover his body in a pool of blood on the bathroom floor. That was her first exposure to trauma from alcoholism and, sadly, not the last.

The disease damages in so many ways, and toxicology reports are just noise. We, those that love them, always know what really happened. My best friend died at 43. The coronor's report said congestive heart failure. What I know is that he used cocaine from 18 to 30 years old, was a heavy drinker, was on several prescribed sedatives for "stress," and was obese. None of this was in the coroner's report.

I am truly sorry for your loss. Addiction is relentless. Alcoholism is relentless.

Take care,

Cyranoak

Originally Posted by Justplainsad View Post
My 31 year old son died 5 weeks ago. I still have not received the death certificate with the "official" cause of death or any toxicology results but the Coroner was able to determine that the underlying cause was due to "chronic alcohol abuse" due to the condition of his organs and the primary cause of death was from gastrointestinal bleeding. I guess it really doesn't matter to me so much what the tox results are because I know why he died. I have spent a lot of time reading threads on this site ever since he was hospitalized due to a terrible withdrawal back in February and it has been very helpful to know that other people have lived through the nightmare that I am living. You always think there is going to be another "rock bottom" event, but not death. You prepare yourself for the worst, talk yourself into that you will be able to handle anything, but when that call comes, all the knowledge in the world just goes out the window. Whether you feel it was within their control or that the disease took over, it just plain hurts and you would give anything for one more moment with them--drunk or sober. Maybe that's wrong, but until you have dealt with your "problem" dying, you just don't know how terrible it is. At least when they are still alive, you have SOME hope that they will get better. No take-backs with death.