At least I'll never have to be alone...

Old 07-23-2012, 05:55 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Still I rise.

hahahaha!

Originally Posted by XXXXXXXXXX View Post
Can I have your number................................j/k.
Best post of the day!

:rotfxko
Old 07-23-2012, 06:23 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wicked View Post
Pixilation, you just want to beat him at trivial pursuit? LOL You are funny.
heck yeah! I don't want to try to fix anyone ever again, i can't say for sure my codie days are over, but i'm am on the upswing.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pixilation View Post
See, i just want a guy who knows who Malcolm reynolds, boba fett, john crichton, captain jack, etc are. And doesn't judge me when i say " when i went to the comic book store the other day".

And then i'll beat that guy at star wars trivial pursuit. Lol
Malcolm Reynolds .... ?
boba fett .. Star wars
John Crichton ... Farscape
Captain Jack ... Torchwood

Good enuff? How about Claymore. Good stuff. So, when do you want to have this date, I an a Jedi you know. I just bought season 3 of the clone wars.

Cyranoak, now take that anger and do something constructive with it. It was my prime motivator for me moving out.

Your friend,
Old 07-23-2012, 06:46 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You missed the most important one-malcolm reynolds is the captain of Serenity. From joss whedon's shortest, yet most loved series Firefly.

And clone wars? Pshaw, that's prequel era, you're now undateable. Rofl no idea on claymore though.

Cyranoak, i know being codie sucks, and the stuck feeling when you're in the throes of the relationship is even worse.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:24 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

To me, the words in Cyranoak's original post sting. But so do the words Melody Beattie wrote is describing typical codependant traits. I get the same flushing of the face ~ suck in my breath and say "oh my" as I recognize myself in those printed words.

As I became aware of those traits in myself, I acknowledge that they are part of a pattern I have repeated, only then can I take action to stop repeating the pattern.

Cyranoak, the aspiring realist, voiced the words that I have actually used, seen, heard and fallen for myself.

Cyranoak, I wish you peace as you continue your journey.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:47 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Wow, just effin WOW!.

I wish I could have read that post five years ago. Even a year later your words have alittle sting, while the truth may hurt, it also set me free.

As always Cyranoak, you rock.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:07 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
DMC

Pixi, I see your Captain Jack, and raise you a Ten.
You're not the only scifi geek 'round these parts. (Although Eleven wears a Stetson. Stetson's are cool.)

Cyranoak, I wish you the best. Watching my beloved seduced and betrayed by the dark side is the best analogy I've ever developed to describe what I went through. Yep, I married Anakin Skywalker...
Old 07-23-2012, 08:21 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Lot Of Love Out There, Man.

I could not help but read this thread twice, thanks for the laugh everyone! I am not looking to be rescued but if someone has a 2x4 I could use a good smack.

Originally Posted by Tuffgirl View Post
Not all women are that desperate and codependent. . . . cut out my bathroom subfloor
Thank goodness!! I would not mind someday a relationship where we want to spend time together but I can do without the clinginess. Removing the subfloor is no problem but I hope that sandwich comes with a soda too?

Originally Posted by wellnowwhat View Post
What's with the women bashing?
Some venting is understandable as long as it is appropriately directed at the one whom deserves it. I agree though, too many people have lived with the ruthless bashings of an A and never disserved it. You sure do not need it here.

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
There are male codies that are exactly the same.
I am so glad to not be a codie . . . I have been known to be a glutton for punishment but never a codie. :rotfxko

Originally Posted by wicked View Post
I will take a bald head and asthma over a drunk any day.
I have my own money comin in and my own medical!
We will go to Alanon meetings together and be called the "perfect couple"!
I like big guys too. Are you over 250?
I see is....do you drink?
Bald – no
Asthma – no
Money and medical – GREAT
Meetings – I will think on that.
Big – 6’5”
250 – not for long
Drink – no

Cannot say I will even think about it us less you are a Wolverine? Spartans and Buckeyes need not respond unless you enjoy special treatment during football season.

Originally Posted by pixilation View Post
See, i just want a guy who knows who Malcolm reynolds, boba fett, john crichton, captain jack, etc are. And doesn't judge me when i say " when i went to the comic book store the other day". And then i'll beat that guy at star wars trivial pursuit. Lol
I know them all. However, does she know Allison Blake, Myka Bering, Penelope Garcia, Abby Sciuto and etc. In addition, will not judge me if I ask her when she gets back from the comic book store to roll play Lady Heather? Yes, I can be motivated to lose games. :rotfxko
Old 07-23-2012, 08:30 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Oooo, all that... are you a drummer too, by chance? I'm partial to 'em.

(Advance apology to any percussionists-- but: Q. What do you call a drummer without a girlfriend? A. Homeless.)
Old 07-23-2012, 08:55 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Can i have an order of the Pot Calling the Kettle Black with a large Condescending fruit punch?.... Im no expert Cy but it seems as if your experiences with your AW and her recent relapse have caused the resentment you have for her to ripple out towards women in general. Ill be the 1st to say, i get it. So many of us have put blame on an entire gender because of our spouses behavior. Its not fair for us to do that, but we do it. All i can say is that usually what we dislike in others is what we truely dislike about ourselves. Youve rattles off a list of things WOMEN codies do, how many of those things have you done as well?

"it's not just women. There are male codies that are exactly the same."
Old 07-23-2012, 08:56 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Okay, i know allison blake and myka bering(speaking of, warehouse 13 started a new season tonight right? Yay for hulu!) lady heather-csi?

Oh,and fez's are cooler! Huh, maybe us nerds should start a thread elsewhere on here? Isn't there an entertainment section?

And i don't know buffalogal, bassist's usually get my vote.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:26 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Talking

Okay pixi, I'll take the challenge.

How many horns on a bantha?

( I used to be the judge at the Star Wars trivia bowls )

.... and, I am a registered Klingon at Universal Studios

TuffGirl, a circular saw will take out the subfloor faster.... but I'll want sushi, not a sandwich .... oh, and if you pour a little food coloring into each of the pipes in the bathroom, one at a time, and then check out the color in the leak, you will know which one is leaking.

Mike
Old 07-23-2012, 09:34 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I agree with the post above saying we discard the whole gender just by a few examples...

Cy, you were the one who taught me not ALL men are emotionally absent, it was just my luck and my choices who made it seem that way.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:15 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chris1000101 View Post
I know them all. However, does she know Allison Blake, Myka Bering, Penelope Garcia, Abby Sciuto and etc. In addition, will not judge me if I ask her when she gets back from the comic book store to roll play Lady Heather? Yes, I can be motivated to lose games. :rotfxko
Penelope Garcia rocks! One of my favorite shows....
Old 07-24-2012, 07:22 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Great post. I don't see it as woman bashing as much as codie bashing. And as a dyed in the wool super codependent I take no offense whatsoever. It's true! I sat in on an AA meeting & felt like everyone there was instantly my best friend. It was scary how easily I felt that way. I also feel the need to save every woman I see at meetings. It helps to realize it & back away. Recognize what is happening & not act upon it. But it is true, there is instant chemistry between me & an alcoholic woman, I don't see a difference if the genders were reversed. At least for codependents.

BTW, what kind of sandwich we talkin? I have a sawzall!
Old 07-24-2012, 07:40 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Tuffgirl, you better get ready. Looks like a migration of guys with tools is heading to Alaska. Nothing like free food to get us "Troglodytes" motivated

Mike
* who admits to living in a "man cave" *
Old 07-24-2012, 08:14 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

What I see in Cyranoak's post is a lot of deep pain, and I'm not offended by anything he posted (and I am both alcoholic/addict and codie).

DesertEyes, I knew there was something "different" about you. I love Klingons!
Old 07-24-2012, 08:26 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

There are a lot of reasons that many women are codependent -- primarily the social belief that relationships are "women's work" and the cultural narrative that love has the transformative power to heal all ills and change all people.

But man, women do not have the market cornered on codependency. Physician, heal thyself.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:33 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Cyranoak, I'm so sorry to read about the relapse, I felt a familiar stomach "lurch" as I read it. My first thought was "Oh no, another broken heart resulting from loving an alcoholic"

Your posts always gave me hope, so many times they made me smile, yours was a "success" story of sorts..

Godspeed to you and your daughter..
Old 07-24-2012, 10:18 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I am a registered Klingon at Universal Studios
Then you are familiar with the quote "Patience is a human virtue..."
(It's the only Klingon quote I use. But I use that a lot.)

And you know what? We have our share of alcoholic-bashing here, sometimes when we need to laugh instead of cry. I don't see why it would be upsetting to bash ourselves a little bit. I think it's healthy.