SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   a bottle of bubble bath... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/263298-bottle-bubble-bath.html)

shawty80 07-23-2012 02:12 PM

a bottle of bubble bath...

just brought me to tears. a f*cking bottle of bubble bath. it was a birthday gift from xabf given to me right after he begged for me to come back. seriously. bubble bath. ugh.

ZiggyB 07-23-2012 02:50 PM

Awww. I'm so sorry. If it's any help I am still a mess over mine, only now it seems like I have stopped crying and just keep replaying all the horrible drama in my head and feel anxious. Throw the bubble bath away! :D

Learn2Live 07-23-2012 05:21 PM

Well I can beat that Shawty. A pile of dirt. HA! So there! A pile of dirt made me cry last night. Because HE put that dirt there. Top That.

LifeRecovery 07-23-2012 05:42 PM

It sounds ridiculous but I keep thinking that you should pretend it is "Bubbly" and break it on something. It feels fitting for the start of your journey.

I know it might not make you feel any better but the thought has not left my head all day.

Seren 07-23-2012 05:49 PM

(((shawty))) Oh, I know the feeling...been there.

What worked for me with one break up was to go on a search and destroy mission in my apartment. I took everything that he gave me, cards, letters, photos, gifts, whatever, and pitched it all out. I may sound extreme, but I didn't want to be surrounded by anything that was given to me by someone who did not treasure me. I decided to treasure myself.

Learn2Live 07-23-2012 06:43 PM

Did my post at least make you smile?

GettingBy 07-23-2012 07:07 PM

Shawty...

I went through similar triggers. Two things helped... Time and pitching things when I found the strength.

This too shall pass! Hang in there!
Shannon

sparklingeyes 07-23-2012 07:10 PM

I think he may have been giving you a message, which would be for you to pamper(taking care of yourself) and to focus on you.

XXXXXXXXXX 07-23-2012 07:23 PM

XABF sent me flowers on my birthday. ****ing roses. Proflowers left the box on my door. I did not even open them, but I decided someone should enjoy them so I took them to a friend's home and told her to enjoy them.

my lovely daughter (11) thought it was hilarious. She said it was like forwarding an email.

Amazing how they think roses,or bubble bath, or whatever would make me forget about the chaos and craziness that came with it.

Happy birthday.

sparklingeyes 07-23-2012 07:44 PM

Is that why my ex gave me roses!??? He bought me a gift certificate for a massage and it was for a spa an hour away! Am I supposed to be appreciative of that?

shawty80 07-23-2012 07:57 PM

Throw the bubble bath away!
i thought about it, ziggy, but then realized that would be sinful. it's damn good bubble bath! ;)

shawty80 07-23-2012 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Learn2Live (Post 3501836)
Well I can beat that Shawty. A pile of dirt. HA! So there! A pile of dirt made me cry last night. Because HE put that dirt there. Top That.

hmm...i don't *think* i can top that, l2l!!! and yes, you made me smile. i actually saw your message as i was sitting down to an al-anon meeting tonight. it was the ONLY time i smiled at the meeting. thank you, my friend. :)

hope your day turned out okay. :)

shawty80 07-23-2012 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by LifeRecovery (Post 3501882)
It sounds ridiculous but I keep thinking that you should pretend it is "Bubbly" and break it on something. It feels fitting for the start of your journey.

I know it might not make you feel any better but the thought has not left my head all day.

i actually really love your idea. you know the BEST part about this particular bottle of bubble bath? it's a stress relief forumla! how's that for irony!! :)

shawty80 07-23-2012 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by hydrogirl (Post 3501890)
(((shawty))) Oh, I know the feeling...been there.

What worked for me with one break up was to go on a search and destroy mission in my apartment. I took everything that he gave me, cards, letters, photos, gifts, whatever, and pitched it all out. I may sound extreme, but I didn't want to be surrounded by anything that was given to me by someone who did not treasure me. I decided to treasure myself.

i'm not to that point...yet. i did throw a beautiful james avery necklace that he had given me for christmas two years ago at him, though, all while crying that he had promised never to break my heart again. that necklace was a huge symbol of his love for me, and i definitely did NOT want to be reminded that he had changed his mind again. probably shouldn't have thrown it at him, though. :(

shawty80 07-23-2012 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by GettingBy (Post 3502000)
Shawty...

I went through similar triggers. Two things helped... Time and pitching things when I found the strength.

This too shall pass! Hang in there!
Shannon

thank you! :) one day at a time, eh? :)

shawty80 07-23-2012 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by XXXXXXXXXX (Post 3502020)
XABF sent me flowers on my birthday. ****ing roses. Proflowers left the box on my door. I did not even open them, but I decided someone should enjoy them so I took them to a friend's home and told her to enjoy them.

my lovely daughter (11) thought it was hilarious. She said it was like forwarding an email.

Amazing how they think roses,or bubble bath, or whatever would make me forget about the chaos and craziness that came with it.

Happy birthday.

my birthday is actually in january, but thanks for the happy birthday! :) i found the bottle as i was unpacking a box. he kicked me out almost a month ago, and i haven't had tons of motivation to get my own house back in order yet. who knows what *treasures* i'll find tomorrow! ;)

Seren 07-24-2012 04:30 AM

Well, maybe box up some of the things and put them in a closet out of sight for a bit? They will still be there, just not along your daily path, so to speak.

I know it hurts, and I'm sorry :hug:

choublak 07-24-2012 07:14 AM

Heh, I thought this was going to be a story about how an A drank a bottle of bubble bath (like they can sometimes do with mouthwash etc.).

I'm sorry about what you're going through, though.

ZiggyB 07-24-2012 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by shawty80 (Post 3502067)
i thought about it, ziggy, but then realized that would be sinful. it's damn good bubble bath! ;)

I started throwing away all the stuff he gave me. Then he came to drop off the keys and somehow noticed the stuff was in the trash... ooops :)

Anyway I do not need constant reminders of him in my apartment making me sad. If you use the bubble bath, I hope you can enjoy it!