Leaving him and scared

Old 07-21-2012, 10:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Leaving him and scared

My ABF has broken so many promises, got drunk when my sister and her kids were visiting, drove drunk yesterday with his friend's son in the car, and woke me up by peeing on me in his sleep. We are scheduled to move to Toronto this coming week (although the movers messed up and I know nothing right now), but I have to go without him. I can't do this anymore. Things have been escalating lately and I am scared of him and my own rage.

I have not said anything today. I just kept to myself, but he just came in, drunk again, and tells me that I will go to Canada by myself, that I treat him like a POS and that I am arrogant and that he hates me and that I will never see him again, etc. I just HAVE TO do this this time.

I have emailed the movers and asked when they can be here, but maybe I should just pack a few things and put the dogs in the car and leave and start all over again. I am so confused and scared and sad. I don't know anyone in Toronto, but I have my lovely pups (who won't need to hide anymore because they are scared...).
Old 07-21-2012, 10:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Right now I am just trying not to engage...ugh...
Old 07-22-2012, 04:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'm sorry to hear about what you have had to endure, Kimmie! You don't deserve that, and I hope that you can accomplish this move without further run-ins with him.

Please let us know how things go!
Old 07-22-2012, 04:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

I agree with you Kimmieh. He sounds horrible. And being peed on is a dealbreaker for me. You can do this.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Kimmie,

I just left my A on Thursday after being physically assaulted by him. My son actually saw him do this to me. Son said in the store yesterday, "Daddy choke mommy, Daddy drunk". If I had the chance to get out before having had kids, life would be so much different for me. I wouldn't have to battle custody with a person whose brain doesn't function properly and with a family who enables him due to the fact that now he is just an alcoholic and no longer a heroin addict. I wouldn't have to deal with a person who thinks that any words they call me are okay and that I am the cause of their view of me because I have evil thoughts and intentions. Even though, all of my actions have only showed how much I have cared. I have done nothing, and I mean nothing but help him throughout our entire relationship and he has done nothing but take, take, take from me. When I mention him supporting himself by buying food or paying bills, he said the only thing I care about is money even though I supported him for three entire years while he sat at home and drugged and drank himself into a stupor.

So, in light of that, I will never date another alcoholic. I would advise any person in any relationship with one whether they have ties such as property or children, to just get away.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

yes yes YES!!!

You're so close! The same damn thing happened me!! AH and I were suppose to move, together, and the night before I woke up to his text alert going off.

The text alert was yoda saying, "message from the dark side there is."

I heard it over and over again, then went out the the couch where he was passed out. I looked at the text and it was the woman he had an affair with, moved and and lived with the bitch and then moved back home.

He had texted her, "I miss you. you never left me."

Something snapped in me and I packed that truck with my stuff and the kids stuff and moved out without him.

Listen, I woke up every day for months in a new house with my kids and felt like a little kid at Christmas!

you can do this. keep coming here and reading and posting. Do not engage. Stay focused on yourself and your own recovery and whatever you need to do to make your life better right now.

FYI my story doesn't end there. I let him move back in with me a year and a half ago because, you know, he was paying all of our bills anyway, and now I'm right back in the same boat.

It's worse, though, because now I know what life can be like without him. I just need to be self supporting, and I'll be living the dream!

You can do this. Please keep coming back and sharing your story, it inspires me

love, transformey
Old 07-22-2012, 11:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much! This place is such a blessing! I am in a rush, but I will keep you posted!