What the heck is wrong with me?

Old 07-20-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Unfortunately, I change my mind to whichever way the wind blows. I waffle a lot. Something's got to give soon.
I was confused and angered by my own indecision for years, but eventually the work of staying in denial is just too hard.

I got a point, not too long ago, where I accepted what I know to be true, and no longer wanted to betray myself.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:42 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

When will change happen? When the pain of remaining the same becomes greater than the pain of changing.

dandylion
Old 07-20-2012, 05:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

My XABF died of alcohol related illness several months ago. The amount of grief I experienced surprised me and lasted longer than I thought it would. I was at the beach walking and a very handsome (younger) man came up to me and introduced himself and we talked for a really long time. He was not my 'type' but I found him really attractive. I didn't give him my phone # or a chance to see me again but I left feeling really good about the fact that I was capable of being attracted to a seemingly very normal man. I think my grieving for my dysfunctional XABF ended that day.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:59 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

The counselor told me that the schools in our area would not meet our needs, that the private schools wouldn't take him because they don't have the resources, and that the best option is a charter school (or private school)that caters to kids with his issues.
Girl, I don't know the laws in AZ, but in MI they better ******* help my kids. They're public schools and are required by law to provide an education to every child.

I would check out the law. You may need an advocate to help you. I did.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:05 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by transformyself View Post
Girl, I don't know the laws in AZ, but in MI they better ******* help my kids. They're public schools and are required by law to provide an education to every child.

I would check out the law. You may need an advocate to help you. I did.
I spoke to a public school special ed. counselor and she told me that his issues are difficult even for the public school. She told me he'd be in special ed. but that he might not keep up in all subjects because of the way he processes information. She told me that he'd most likely be bullied, as well. I also consulted with a friend who is a 'teacher's coach', she goes around the schools in our district and works with teachers helping them come up with plans for special ed kids or for kids with disabilities. She told me the same thing, she said that AZ sucks for getting help to kids. She told me there's a lot of red tape and that private help would be best for him.

Honestly, I don't know what to do. His IQ was sooooo low. He can read at grade level but his comprehension was years behind. His spelling was at college level but he can't decipher how to 'think' through problems. It's like his brain gets stuck and just can't move forward. Anyway, I have a lot of work to do this year when it comes to his schooling. Throw in my a** of a husband and I've got quite a year coming for me, LOL!