marriage better but new bad problems

Old 01-08-2004, 05:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

marriage better but new bad problems

I come here because I have found much understanding and support in the past. My A and I both have new attitudes, he still drinks but is less offensive, I handle it more healthily and appreciate the good things. So we are getting along. So there is some hope for some of you, it can happen, at least for a while.

So, this is not all that alcohol related except we are A and Al-Anon, but poor health will come to our loved ones sooner or later, not eating, poisoning their bodies. I came here because it is the best support I have. I am so frightened right now.

New problems. Health scare. I finally got hubby to go for a check up because of a bad shoulder and got him to take a blood test. I was looking for liver problems because he hasn't been well. Bloodwork was okay but they found something on the x-ray "swollen glands" and said it might be cancer and we need tests. I asked the nurse if that was lymph nodes, she said probably but they said glands. Can't believe they would say cancer unless there was at least some chance it could be. So we did the CT Scan today and next week are a biopsy and bone scan. We are in between and just waiting. He is being so brave and trying to help me with it. He is such a nice person, he really is.

Insurance worries, too. He just got a decent job and is due to be permenant next week and get hospitalization. His old policy has already been cancelled as of the end of the month because we thought he wouldn't need it anymore. Now missing work for tests, we just don't know what will happen with the job and afraid both policies might drop us.

So anyway, thanks for taking the time. I came here because it is the best place I know. I guess finding a way to get along is not the end of problems.
Old 01-08-2004, 05:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey there countrygirl

Glad you came back. I'm sorry to hear about your husband's health problems and I will keep both of you in my prayers. Don't lose hope about the insurance thing. If he needs health treatment, you can find a way to get it for him. Take a deep breath and go forward one step at a time. And stick around. There is lots of encouragement and support here.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 01-08-2004, 09:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((((( Countrygirl. )))))

Dino had cancer. No insurance. The stupid thing that popped into my head reading your post was how much less the cancer cost than the crack. Swollen glands can be many things. If they did not test for cancer they would be negligent. Many viruses and infections can cause the lymph glands to swell. I know you will be on pins and needles until they say "no it isn't". We'll all be praying for you.

Hugs,
Smoke