Venting

Old 01-08-2004, 04:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Venting

I registered with this forum a few years ago, but didn't stick around. I am finally realizing I need to work out my issues, and that this is a great place to start. Now if I may, I just need to vent. Usually my dh has one weekday off, while I work, and on that one day I can expect to come home to a drunk. We have a pattern, he makes dinner for us, we sit down in the living room to eat, he falls asleep with his plate in his lap. If he's had an enormous amount he'll sleep till bedtime or past bedtime, & if it wasn't so much he'll wake up in an hour or so. I've been lurking for a month or so & realize he has his problems & I have mine. I know I can't control his problems, and that I have to let go of mine. One day at a time I hope to work on me. Thanks for listening, and for being here for me.
Old 01-08-2004, 04:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Annie!

Glad you came back. Stick around. It's a good group here in Sober Recoveryville.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 01-08-2004, 04:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Annie, I wish I had the same insight as you for letting go and not being able to do anything about dh and working on you. I am new to this site but have attended al-anon meetings and that was just not for me at the time but 5years later I look back and life here is still the same venting to I guess. How do we work on it and stay and even believe they will change. Your evening reminds me of so many of mine also. Take care and keep working on you. Hugs too.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's been awhile

Not that I haven't missed each and everyone of you...but things are actually running rather smoothly right now. SonnyBoy came over to the house last weekend...he was hungry..would I give him some money for food? I said no, but I made him a sandwich. He had a flat tire...would I buy him a new one? I said no, but I have a can of fix a flat and there is an air center up on the corner. I felt rude...but at the same time.....what's the word????? Empowered maybe...

Anyway..thats all that's going on in my life right now. Still lurking..you can't get rid of me that easily. LOL