OT: Beer goggles(funny, had to share)

Old 07-15-2012, 03:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT: Beer goggles(funny, had to share)

Ok, I am totally naive these days and I thought most men outgrew beer goggles when they were in college, LOL!

I was at my son's tennis tournament today in Fort Lauderdale and the kids were playing at a club that has an outdoor bar right at the courts. Members were sitting there smoking and drinking and carrying on right next to these high performing athlete 14 year old kids. UGH! Anyway, I had to walk past this bar all the time to get to my son's and the men kept oogling me. It was ridiculous. One guy says, "Hey I like your purple shirt. Just like mine." My response was, "No, my shirt doesn't have any holes in it but thanks for liking mine." Idiot.
Then, there were 2 other guys there later and when I walked by I got the classic, "How you doin'?" Seriously, who do they think they are? Joey from Friends?

Now, here's the funny part. I hadn't showered yet today. I was up at 6 AM and had my son at the courts playing in the rain so my hair was a mess. I didn't wear any makeup today because I knew it would rain. I was wearing tight tennis shorts and relatively loose fitting(covering all my parts) purple nike shirt. The beer goggles were obviously in 100% usage today because I was NOT a hottie today, LOL!
Old 07-15-2012, 04:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Forgot to add that the reason I found this funny was really more related to the fact that normally I would fall for this kind of attention. I've finally gotten to a point where I can see this stuff for what it is. I didn't want to offend anyone in regards to the A in their lives. This was just funny to me because my self image is finally (now that I'm forty-something), yes finally, solid enough to be able to walk away, not engage, and actually get a laugh out of it.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah, I know what you mean. I don't break my stride or engage with any of that crap. I don't think it's really beer-goggles, it's the old misogynist "I-have-the-right-to-issue-editorials-on-any-female-that-passes-into-view" garbage.

If they were being such a**es right next to a bunch of teenagers I'd consider making a complaint.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dear Liz--I have been in that kind of situation. I get it that this is not your preferred audience. And, I agree that their behavior is very Neanderthal-like.

But it could be worse..... What if nobody form the other gender ever noticed?

I realize that I have just walked where angels fear to tred---So, please hold off on the hate messages y'all!!!

dandilion