What do I do?

Old 07-14-2012, 01:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What do I do?

I'm really confused and I feel like I've tried everything. My husband went to rehab for drugs and came back in march. Before he left we lived with my family but because of a lot of things he did I had to have him move back in with his family until he proved himself (like not putting my family in danger). Ok so he came back and he was automatically lying again. His few good friends and myself kept pressing him to go to his job and talk to them because at that time he still had his job. He avoided all the phone calls and basically abandoned his job. We, let me change that, I am in debt because of him. Not only is it the money I am concerned about but when he is at work that's 8 hours I can put my mind at ease. Well anyway he lost his job hasn't applied anywhere else (but has been lying about it). All he does now is hang out with his younger bros and their friends. He lies to me all the time. I tied talking to his brothers but they won't get involved. I tied talking to his best friend who told me he lies to him also. His friend says he doesn't care about anything and is lazy and never wants to do anything. Everytime I ask him to talk to a counselor or dr he refuses. He never admits his lies. I don't think he's taking pills again. I know he's smoking weed even though he lies about that too. I don't know how to get through to him. I love him but I can't take care of him or support him. I refuse to be treated the way he treats me but at the same time I'm really worried he's going to commit suicide or do something terrible. Please, anyone that's been in this situation I would appreciate any advise. I'm very level headed I've never had any problems like this before and I don't want to give up on him but I certainly can't make this behavior acceptable
Old 07-14-2012, 06:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

You are focused on him and his behavior. Please put down the magnifying glass that keeps you focused on his unacceptable behavior and pick up a mirror and look at your own behavior in this drama.

I doubt you were put on this earth to follow after an adult with a fire extinguisher, a pamper, wet naps, a lunch bag, broom and mop.

It's time to: "Let go or be dragged"

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-me-fall.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...l-problem.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...tionships.html