He's sending me flowers

Old 07-11-2012, 07:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He's sending me flowers

Great, like that's going to fix anything. It's going to take more than flowers to fix our marriage, I really hope he realizes this.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Right out of the alcoholic operating manual, lol. Just between "I'm sorry, it'll never happen again," and "I only had two beers."

L
Old 07-11-2012, 07:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yup, classic alcoholic manipulation... I hope YOU realize it.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I got flowers all the time. I also got cards that said He was sorry, he wants to stop the insanity, he loves me. He entered intensive rehab last Friday for a 30 day program. Looking forward to the future with him as a RAH vs. AH.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

when my xabf was trying to win me back, he actually sent flowers to a dear friend of mine, who is also the counselor at the school that i just left. her office is right next door to my old classroom, and we talked daily about our respective relationships, which have many similarities. the card attached thanked her for always listening to me and being there for me, and said that he understood the pain she was going through in her relationship, as he was feeling it in ours.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

At work on my birthday (I wasn't even going to go in that day -- because I was supposed to spend it with XABF before he ruined it), I saw a giant flower arrangement in the lobby and was SO relieved it turned out to be for someone else. The gesture would have just made me sick.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I got flowers today(Story of abuse) - YouTube
Old 07-11-2012, 09:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Chrissy44, thank you for posting the youtube feed. Very powerful
Old 07-11-2012, 10:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanx for the you tube. But I got flowers today. Yes, I got them a lot, until I told him that they were dead plants, and I wanted living things.Then I got trees, shrubs and plants.

Then he started to buy me crystal. I then told him that I don't care anymore about what he buys me, that he can't "buy me". Then I got the "I"m sorry". btdt so many times, I told him I was sick of that also. Then I got, well I won't say that I am sorry, but I'm back, so lets have sex. He never got it, never understood that I didn't want all these things, never understood that actions speak louder than words.

So, I sent you flowers, now what are you going to do for me??????????????????????????
Old 07-12-2012, 01:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Flowers....QUACK!!!
Old 07-12-2012, 04:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

LOL! This is pretty much how I see it, guys. I'll be grateful for them because I like flower arrangements and it will brighten up the condo we're renting. But, in reality, it doesn't fix a darn thing. I'll tell him thanks and maybe even ask what they're for.....well, maybe not because that might start a list of apologies and manipulations that I'm tired of hearing. Or, if I'm in a cheeky mood I might ask just for kicks and giggles. UGH! Why doesn't he do me a favor and get a girlfriend and send her flowers, LOL????
Old 07-12-2012, 04:29 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Yeah, my xH started sending me flowers while he was having an affair. I broke up the bouquets and gave the flowers out to the other ladies in the office!
Old 07-12-2012, 04:41 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

ugh, this is just a man move, not an addict move! My ex's who were not addicts would send flowers when they messed up!
Not everything is an "addict" move
Old 07-12-2012, 05:00 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yes, it's the "I know I screwed up so won't these flowers just make up for it all" crap. I guess I've just got a lot of bitterness and anger going right now because I'm thinking of giving the flowers to my grandmother instead. Let her have them and enjoy them, I don't even want to look at them.

I think I'm still riled up from remembering our trip last year and how I sat there and let out all my emotions and tried to connect with him, blah, blah, blah and then found out later that he was harboring major resentments against me that whole time yet he acted like everything was great. Just tells me more about his character and I don't know why this is bothering me now, 9 months later, UGH!
Old 07-12-2012, 05:30 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I have a restraining order that says "no contact of any type". The DV worker who helped me made sure to remind me that sending flowers would violate the order. He would be arrested.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:44 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Lot Of Love Out There, Man.

Originally Posted by Summerpeach View Post
ugh, this is just a man move, not an addict move! My ex's who were not addicts would send flowers when they messed up!
Not everything is an "addict" move
Dog House Flowers . . . I am not a fan of giving them. If a woman is upset with me and it is truly my fault there are other things that can and should be done to set things in the right direction.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:44 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

You got flowers? Nice, I got "Well, I was going to get you flowers, but then I decided to get cigarettes for myself."
Old 07-12-2012, 08:08 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Looking4ward View Post
You got flowers? Nice, I got "Well, I was going to get you flowers, but then I decided to get cigarettes for myself."
hahah.....nice!
Old 07-12-2012, 08:09 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chris1000101 View Post
Dog House Flowers . . . I am not a fan of giving them. If a woman is upset with me and it is truly my fault there are other things that can and should be done to set things in the right direction.
There is "sorry honey, I didn't mean to raise my voice, I got you flowers"
and then there is "sorry honey, I didn't mean to have sex with that other women and lie to you over and over, I got you flowers"

Flowers do cure some mishaps, but not all ;-)
Old 07-12-2012, 08:26 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Ugh, getting flowers are the worst.

I'm sure your grandmother would appreciate them.

My AH never apologized for much - how could he apologize when it was somehow my fault? *rolls eyes* He did take care of me financially (he makes 3x more than me). So I do have the Lexus and expensive purses, big house on the golf course, fancy trips with his company. That stuff I don't care about when all I really want is love, affection, devotion. I'm getting rid of the car next week and looking at a little ranch villa perfect for me.