Need Some Ammo

Old 01-08-2004, 05:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Need Some Ammo

Here's my situation as of today. Beer wife has not attempted to sober up after her stay in the hospital. I've had enough of the drinking and spending. I'm gonna see a lawyer to see what I can do to salvage what credit I have left before she finds out I'm filing for divorce. We both have good jobs (she'll probably lose her's if she don't quit missing work) but she's sending our financial situation and our credit down the drain. I found out she's trying to get her retirement money. I'm trying to get my name off of everything she has control over. Starting my own banking accounts that she can't touch, etc. What I'm looking for is some advice or maybe some questions for the lawyer. I've tried some legal websites, but seem to find what I need. Just hoping some of you can direct me in the right direction. Excuse me but d_ _ _ her for doing this to me and the kids. You all have a nice day.
Old 01-08-2004, 06:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am - Good luck to you... I tried to think of virtually everything possible and of course forgot some. I tried to remove my name from OUR checking account - which I couldnt do, however I did open one in my name only - but still was responsible for all the checks that ended up being bounced from OUR account. My AH eventually even stole some checks from me that were from my account, and since everyone in our town knew him - they accepted the checks and ended up overdrawing my account. He pawned anything from our house worth pawning and then even sold my car from drug/alcohol money. The lists goes on and on... I would think that the best person to advise you would be your lawyer.. Good luck to you and your kids, however the truth of the matter is that what SHE did, she did to herself not to you and the kids. This was one of the hardest things for me to grasp, but I finally understand it. Even if you and her divorce - I suggest getting you and your kids to some Alanon meetings, as this is a family disease and the only way for the family to get better is to be in recovery together......
Old 01-08-2004, 06:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Twinkle, thanks for your input. Sounds like you've been through it to. I understand about the list going on and on (she's been pawning my tools). I've been trying for a couple of months to start the al-anon thing, but I've got a mother and mother in-law that depends on me to do everything for them (like i'm the only one in the family that can replace a light bulb), school activities, etc. I'm handling everything ok, but I know I need to get there just for the kids.
Old 01-08-2004, 06:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

We have spent a great deal of our life putting EVERYONE elses needs before our own. The best thing you can do for everyone in your family is take care of you, which means going to meetings. If someone would of told me 2 years ago that me and my family would get better by me going to Alanon I would of said they were crazy. Today, I can tell you that if I DONT get to my meetings, that I start acting crazy. It is only 1 hour, and your life will start getting better, whether you are with the alcoholic or not and whether the alcoholic is still drinking or not......

What part of Ohio are you in, if you dont mind me asking....
Old 01-08-2004, 07:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks again. Don't mind. I'm at the very southern point right across the river from Huntington, WV. I looked at your profile and I see your from Fayetteville. That's close to Cincinnati, isn't it?
Old 01-08-2004, 07:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Closest big city is Cincinnati. I work in Cincinnati which is about 1 hour from my home. I live way out in the country....
Old 01-08-2004, 07:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

Your pretty close to Peebles aren't you. I have some friends up there.
Old 01-08-2004, 07:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Peebles is about 40 minutes from me
Old 01-08-2004, 03:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
....or at least hoping I am.

Twinkle's right....you need to focus on you....

hey, I bet mom and mil will learn to change a lightbulb if the spend one evening in the dark . Seriously though, if they are healthy and sane, let them take care of their own lives. We need to set boundaries w/ non-A also unfortunately. You need to focus on you b/c your dc need you and YOU need you! Sorry I can't help you w the lawyer questions. I wish you luck though and pray your wife finds recovery!