Spiral down or leap in faith?

Old 07-10-2012, 08:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Spiral down or leap in faith?

Just took a call from the woman who owns the Bikram yoga studio I practice at. We have a barter deal.

She's getting divorced, opening a new studio. Her grandmother recently passed.

She really inspired me. Is the picture of determination and careful decision making.

Today started pretty badly for me. I was facing my own demons, my own mistakes and not feeling too good, but after talking to her I"m reminded that it's all up to me.

I can change what I think about myself, about my life, about the world.

I can change my actions to reflect the health and serenity I strive for.

Today I choose to be proactive, to set a course and start walking on the direction where I want to be.

How are you doing today? Are you going to spiral down or take a leap of faith--with vision and determination and honesty??
Old 07-10-2012, 10:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Me? The latter, definitely the latter. Leaping is so much more fun than spiraling down!
Old 07-10-2012, 10:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Put me down for Spiral......but found encouragement in your post. Thank you. Just for today I'm going to be the guest of honor at my own little pitty party, cry it out, shake it off, and soldier on tomorrow.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Woman, I was feeling the same way before my friend called. I had given myself permission to cry all day, but after that conversation I changed my mind.

I know I'll need to let it out when it surfaces, but I want to drive this bus today.

Hugs to you Girl
Old 07-10-2012, 10:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I spent such a long time, not really spiraling, but stuck. Today, I keep walking. One foot in front of the other, day after day after day.

It works. It gets me from here to there, wherever there might be. Sometimes there is nothing more then away from here and that is enough.

It takes awhile for the rest of me to catch up. Sometimes I do the action before the feeling is there. Actually that is the way it almost always happens for me. I'm really ready for the feelings to catch up.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Each morning, before my feet ever hit the floor I ask HP to help me be the best
me I can be today. I found this helps me so much in keeping my spirits up.

Then, of course, I have these 4 cold noses that poke at me before I every stand
up, roflmao and I let them out, and get my first laugh of the day, as they cavort
around the yard and do their 'clown actions' (and being Belgians, they are born
clowns!).

Then while having my coffee I do my other 'daily readings'. So my day usually
gets off to a pretty good start. Now, that does not mean, that I cannot or won't
do a 'spiral' during the day, triggered by 'whatever.' It does happen. Then I
come on here, or call or friend, or to be honest, play with the fur kids. They are
a real BLESSING in my life.

I am glad you were able to have contact with someone you admire and is a role
model for you to keep you going in your 'leap of faith!

You are doing so well (((((transform))))) and have come so far!!!!!! You continue
to make my heart smile!

Love and hugs,
Old 07-10-2012, 10:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Thank you Laurie, and I give thanks for your fur babies as well. Cold noses in the morning must be hilarious. We have chihuahuas and they stay right in your butt crack until you get out, then stay in bed longer!
Old 07-10-2012, 10:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I like your attitude and thanks for your post.

I'm definitely spiraling down today. Im letting myself go for the day to try not to think and to just feel my feelings. Tomorrow will be a new day, one that I hope will be a "leap of faith" day.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Cold noses in the morning must be hilarious.
Yeah this time of year it is fun. Winter time, believe me it is a 'wake up call', roflmao It can be quite a shock, but I love them so much! All fur kids are great, but there is just something about a Belgian Sheep Dog, long haired like my avatar or short haired (Malinois) that is different. This breed is just something very special. I have had many different dogs and wolf dogs over the years and this breed just blows me out of the water. lol I have a 'former' member from here to thank for getting ADDICTED to the breed, rofl She trusted me enough to give me one of her pups that she had had to rescue from the fellow she sold her too. That pup is my avatar Shania.

As I sit her at my table/desk typing on my laptop, all are lying on the floor flat out, around my table and 'executive' chair. I am surrounded. It is so peaceful and comforting to look down and see that.

I also get a chihuahua in the mix periodically. When my daughter and grand kids go on a trip, I get Pork Chop to stay with me. He is the 'terror' of the Belgians. They respect his size but play with him just like he were another Belgian because he has told them that is what he wants. A Lion's Heart, in that tiny body. roflmao

(((((Transform))))) you 'know' how much a fur kid can 'soothe' us. I recommend at least one to every one on here that can have a pet, be it a dog, cat, or rabbit, or guinea pig. They can be so soothing to us when we are bouncing off walls especially.

Hope I didn't 'hi jack' your thread, Transform, but I do know how well fur kid(s) can help keep one from spiraling and instead give us that 'leap of faith.'

J M H O

Love and hugs,
Old 07-10-2012, 11:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Add me to the spiraling down list...ABF is so difficult to deal with sometimes. I want to run and hide and "wait" for him to get better - but I'm no longer sure that will happen.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:40 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Of course I choose to be different. I have decided to spiral upwards. I'm too old for that leaping stuff. So I just put one foot in front of the other, walking my path up the mountain, enjoying the sites, the air, the company, the sun, the rain, the chaos and the silence. To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose.

Your friend,
Old 07-10-2012, 11:48 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yeah, I'm with Mike. The leaping is a little hard on my knees. But I did skip on my way to the car this morning. The neighbors already think I'm nuts so it's OK.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Definitely spiraling down LOL

Anyway I took note of all my stressors:

"Love relationship" ended,
Beginning 2nd career, some extra pressure given its the end of the semester,
Away from family in a not very friendly city & missing them,
Small issues with roomies,
New apartment but maybe I end up not living there, changes of plans
Meeting new people not sure I can trust (it is going towards "No" at this time),
Money issues,
Minor health issues

So after all this I found more compassion and went "for someone going through so many changes she is doing GREAT".
Old 07-10-2012, 10:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Thanks for the thread transformy, and for reminding me to read "Language of letting go".