Back from camping-Sparkle Eyes called me

Old 07-08-2012, 01:19 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good grief Transform .. I can't believe I read this! I was thinking about you just the day before yesterday ... thinking about how bad your situation is - like a darn pressure cooker - & how stuck you were with no money & an about to die car & I was wondering what in the heck you were going to do to get the h@ll out of it before something truly tragic happened. And I thought of what you described above! No kidding. I was thinking why doesn't she pack those kids up & just GO. If she finds the courage to jump (or get pushed!) into the river of life it will sweep her along & SOMETHING has to come up that is better for them than where they are now. If she just goes to the country, there has to be someone with a house/job/helping hand & once she gets a foot hold, the life energy momentum will change to healing instead of destruction.
So now I'm crying & I have my fingers & toes & everything else crossed for you & your boys that things work out darlin'.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:28 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

MS.PINK posted My favorite response when faced with these types of sitatutions is "Isn't it great that we live in a country where you can have your thoughts and I can have mine ~ and we are free to give every one mutual respect by not forcing one on the other"

funny, i am having problems with my AUNT (my boss) on how she talks to me...and this says it all...gonna steal it....THANK YOU...(was gonna talk to her about her belittleing me infront of the rest of the staff...)
Old 07-08-2012, 03:02 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I am really, really sorry that so many of you decided to discuss political views in this thread. The generalities and horrible divisiveness that is the result of misconceptions (and more importantly, the expression of same) about what constitutes liberal and conservative makes me ill. No wonder this country is at its lowest point in forever. But, all that said, I thought this place was a haven from that sort of thing. Apparently not though. I thought this board was dedicated to making all feel comfortable because they shared a common bond - dealing with an alcoholic family member or friend. Instead, and suddenly, I feel as though I am not among 'friends' any more. Good bye and good luck.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:13 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Life, I don't see this thread as divisive at all, especially when compared to the hateful crap I've seen all parties throw at each other. The discussion here is thoughtful and I worked though how to relate to all sorts of people while working my program.

This is directly relevant to me, my safety and what's best for my family. I'm trying to sort out where the hell to live, weighing out what's best for myself and my children and small town values include conservative values-and there's nothing wrong with that.

If something like this is going to make you stomp your feet and run off, I say good luck to you as well. I often read things on here that drive me crazy, but that's why we say take what you want and leave the rest.

Now, I'm back from camping. The kids and I are horribly sunburned but we had so much fun. It was so good for us. I floated in the pond with my sister drinking gin and laughing for hours. We fished, cleaned them and ate them. The guys went on a deep frying stint, deep frying whatever they coudl get their hands on.

The kids are relaxed and exhausted. They both have practice tomorrow, swim and football.

AH has decided to get sober. He texted me all kinds of stupid crap over the weekend, but I only responded to kids and finances. I am truly NC with him now, despite living together. Completely ignored his quacking. Man, that's a miracle and a half. Freedom I tell ya, I just don't take the bait and no more gut wrenching ********.

"You dont' have to worry about being in the house with me," he texted me today. "I have a plan to not drink."

I didn't respond, and am still going to continue with my plan of action.

I love love LOVE that I've seen other folks go through this very same thing here on these boards so many times. I've seen people leave their A's, seen how effortless it is for some folks and wondered why on earth it was so hard for me.

Now it's not. Thank the Heavens.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:11 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

"You dont' have to worry about being in the house with me," he texted me today. "I have a plan to not drink."

Old 07-08-2012, 11:42 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Loved living in my small town for 20 yrs. but now live in bigger town for closer hospital access 61 yrs. old and isolation wasn't too good for a recovering person who needs lots of Alanon......
Old 07-09-2012, 12:25 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

This sounds so wonderful for you Transform.
Small town life will be great for the boys too.
Do you have any plans in place yet? To leave.
so thoughtful of him not to drink. sigh.......

You know, my dream is a small place with a few animals.
I can be one more crazy single woman, living the wild life in a small town.
I am a liberal conservative.
an optimistic depressive
a non-drinking alcoholic
I am a bunch of contradictions all wrapped up in one.

I could not guess what small town it is, there are many here in the Great Lake State.

Beth
Old 07-09-2012, 12:31 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

How wonderful for you.... Can read your smile through your words!
Old 07-09-2012, 05:31 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

I just got another unsolicited job offer-an older man needs an editor for his lengthy manuscript! He emailed me this morning.

So, I stay in a ****** marriage with a drunk for 17 years, can't find any work.
I stay in an abusive business relationship for 3 years with a Narcissist, work my butt off while she handles all the money and can't make a dime.

I decide to leave them BOTH--no--really decide, not just say or wish it--and the employment opportunities just come flowing in like the river rising up into my house.

I"m betting serenity and happiness ride those waves as well...