A Good Day

Old 07-04-2012, 08:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A Good Day

This has been a very stressful week. I'm about as detached from my A as I can be while still living on the same property (though in separate buildings.) But he pulled some crap this week that has made me resentful & angry. But today was a good day. Awhile back I posted that I was looking for a home for A's parrots. He used to love and care for them, the past few months he didn't even feed them. SO I started caring for them which was a responsibility I didn't want but I was not going to let them be neglected. After weeks of searching I finally found someone who wanted them and that I believe will love them and give them a good home. I was sad/happy to see them go. The new owner lives in the next village and said I can come visit them if I want to. I think I will after they have had a chance to settle into their new home.
I didn't realize that today was the fourth of July until my neighbors who live on the same property mentioned they were having a cookout tonight to celebrate and invited me to join them. I did and it was great fun. We had an excellent dinner, talked about books, music, etc. After supper we walked down to the dock and watched the moon over the lake. Very peaceful. Just what I needed after being ready to tear my (or A's) hair out just yesterday. It was a good reminder that even when things seem so bad there is something good waiting right around the corner. I hope all of you had a good day too. And if not, that tomorrow will be a better day for you.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are making good choices, living a life of integrity.

I'm glad you saw that moon over the lake. A beautiful image for the peace you desire and seek.

Bless you for saving the parrots. They are sensitive and require real love.

(As we do!)
Old 07-05-2012, 10:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by akalacha View Post
It was a good reminder that even when things seem so bad there is something good waiting right around the corner.
What a great post - I especially love this line above. Thanks for sharing!
Old 07-05-2012, 10:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This is a perfect example of the "take care of you" we all hear from one another.
Good on YOU!! Keep it up! It feels so good to free yourself of this.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wonderful post, thanks for sharing your good day

Full moon over a lake is a beautiful sight!