My neighbor

Old 07-04-2012, 08:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My neighbor

threw out her A boyfriend this morning. That was after he had walked down the street at 4 a.m. beating up street signs and garbage cans, screaming at the top of his lungs. I heard her beg him to calm down and come inside, he just yelled louder.

I came home from an Independence Day barbecue and found the yard full of police officers. He had returned with a gun and threatened to kill her.

She packed her things and a friend picked her up, and she'll stay away until the cops pick him up. As angry as he was, he'll do something stupid enough that they will, soon.

You know what's lingering with me? That his murder threat was disturbing to me, but hearing him scream this morning, and hearing her begging him to calm down and come inside... that turned my stomach. I was physically ill. I have been there so many times. So many times.

There are so many of us. But tonight, she is safe. And she called the cops. And they responded. There are so many of us, but tonight, another one of us found a way out of an abusive relationship. It's sort of like that story about the boy walking along the tideline throwing starfish back into the ocean... an older man sees him and asks him why he's doing it, given that he can never ever save ALL the starfish. The boy doesn't even look up, just picks up the next starfish and throws it into the ocean and says, "Made a difference to that one."
Old 07-04-2012, 08:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Survivor

Glad she is okay and you as well.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Take care lillami ...yes I know how is that situation... Night!
Old 07-04-2012, 09:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Here's hoping that starfish stays safe!
Old 07-05-2012, 06:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

praying she stays safe, shares her story with another person in need and they have the courage to leave and the cycle continues to be broken . . .