Blogs

Notices

OT - ES&H needed!

Old 07-04-2012, 10:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Man oh man am I hurting this morning. Hands, shoulders, knees...

But it looks so good that I am thinking maybe I should do the same in the kitchen/entryway. What I really like about this product is it maintains room temperature. Wood floors and laminates in Alaska can be cold on the feet. And I am not in a place in my life where I can afford floor warmers.

Off to start on the dining room. This is a bigger room with funky angles so I imagine it will take much longer than the two hours it took for the master bath. I now understand why it says on the box to calculate an extra 10% overage. I totally ruined three planks by trimming the wrong sides.

Enjoy your 4th of July, all!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tuffgirl For This Useful Post:
MsPINKAcres (07-05-2012), Pelican (07-05-2012)
Old 07-05-2012, 07:04 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

You are now the official "Yoda of flooring"

wahoo congrats to you - it looks awesome!

(about the glue - in our area SW Louisiana because of humidity & heat even with the adhesive strips & locking planks you still have to use glue for this type of flooring - hence the suggestion on the glue - forgot you were in AK!! lol)

and remember us when if you have you own DIY TV show soon -
PINK HUGS,
Rita
The Following User Says Thank You to MsPINKAcres For This Useful Post:
Tuffgirl (07-05-2012)
Old 07-05-2012, 11:16 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yes, you need to add that to your title: Community Greeter and Yoda of Flooring.

I'd love to have those floors. Whether you have pets or kids, carpets just get grungy. I'm all for floors you can clean and throw rugs you can wash!
Old 07-05-2012, 11:33 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Before & After - Dining Room

Ok, photos of the before & after. Pardon the lousy picture quality...I only have a camera on my phone!

This is before - the carpet is original to the house from 1984. Pretty snazzy, eh?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DR before.jpg (49.6 KB, 14 views)
Old 07-05-2012, 11:35 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

And now the after. Because this room opens into the living room, I had to create a threshold between the two rooms. So I opened it up to extend to the door area so it also looks a lot bigger space wise! Now I need to create a custom threshold piece for that transition!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DR after.jpg (38.8 KB, 9 views)
Chris1000101 (07-05-2012), MsPINKAcres (07-05-2012)
Old 07-05-2012, 11:40 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Oh that is amazing!! It looks wonderful! You are inspiring. I have carpet in my new house :shudder: I have four boys, a big dog, and a cat - with almost white carpeting. That has not really worked out for me, lol. There are cement floors underneath - I've been thinking about trying to stain them. Hmm.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thumper For This Useful Post:
MsPINKAcres (07-05-2012), Tuffgirl (07-05-2012)
Old 07-05-2012, 11:41 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

And now for the brag part...

It looks FANTASTIC and I have to agree with the box - it is the EASIEST FLOOR EVER!

The only area where it gets tricky is end pieces and custom cuts. But I found a site on the internet that said to use wood putty to fill in any large seams, which works great. I have two areas where I could not fit the pieces together well!

Would you believe when it was all done, I spent $250? That was for the flooring, and some new spackling to level some areas on the sub-floor. And that covered 140 SF of space.

Ms. Pink Acres - I hadn't thought of humidity being a factor...here it's pretty dry all the time so its no worry, but I can see how in Louisiana it could be an issue! Learn something new every day...

I laughed at the Yoda of flooring...better change it to cheap flooring that anyone can install because I am still poor enough to not be able to afford installation! ; )

Can't wait to see how this stuff holds up...

Thanks everyone for your support! I feel awesome today! And ready to move onto the next area of flooring. Ok, well maybe not today but soon!
MsPINKAcres (07-05-2012), Thumper (07-05-2012)