hello

Old 07-02-2012, 06:57 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TCB5568 View Post
I don't believe that I am sick as he is and I am with my kids 24/7. I don't go anywhere without them. I don't leave them alone with him. I'm a good Mom. It's just that I can't hide the fact from them anymore that hes drunk and dangerous. I can't keep up the stress of protecting them and babysitting him..I take my daughter to gymnastics twice a week now for her to get away and interact with other kids and a nice instructor. Honestly Im not the type that goes out ever..but I get it...
ok, so leave! Protect them.
I have NO DOUBT you love your kids, but you seem so lost in the madness and your own fears, you're not protecting them, which in turn makes you a selfish Mom
Old 07-02-2012, 07:19 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

TCB, ...Good morning.

Do you see how he is getting worse? And do you remember that a long time ago we told you that it probably would get worse? Do you understand that things are going to get even worse than now? I wish that it weren't true, but the chances are very good that they will get worse. And when is it enough? What is your bottom?

It takes so much courage to stand up and reach out beyond the crazy-town that your home has become. You ARE reaching for the life preserver...GRAB ON!!! You can do it!! Save your kids. They need a hero so badly. They are the only ones that matter now. Make the call.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:19 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Selfish ha!
Old 07-02-2012, 07:27 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Yes I see that its getting worse..and the more I question him the worse its getting...

The more hes trying to taunt me and turn the kids against me...
Old 07-02-2012, 07:31 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Good morning everyone!

Anger, harsh words, intimidation and blackmail used to belittle someone are the stock in trade of an abusive person. Frequently, out of anger and frustration, we use them on the alcoholics in our lives. Doesn't work, does it?

Using them in judgement against and already abused woman also does not work. Speaking the truth is one thing, telling an abused woman that she is lower than low will do nothing to improve the situation--even if it relieves YOUR feelings temporarily.

If you have any questions about how to help an abused woman, I suggest you read the items within this thread:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...out-abuse.html

I recommend that if this thread angers you that you walk away from the keyboard for a while.

HG
Old 07-02-2012, 07:38 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TCB5568 View Post
Yes I see that its getting worse..and the more I question him the worse its getting...

The more hes trying to taunt me and turn the kids against me...
Exactly, and like I said before, you are "questioning him" like he is a reasonable person....except that he isn't. You are looking for help in the wrong place....you are asking HIM to help you...and that's like asking the devil for a glass of water. See? You have to go outside to ask for help...professionals who are trained to help you. They do this every single day.

Are you not making the call because you are afraid they will take your children away from you? These agencies exist to protect and care for the children....not yank them away from their mother. You AND your children are all suffering together and they know that you are not thinking clearly. They know it would absolutely be in the best interest of the children to keep you together....as long as you promise to keep them safe and away from their abusive father. They won't take your kids if you can make that promise. They will provide you with shelter and a safe place to get counseling. You can rest there.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:41 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Since everyone has had the opportunity to have their say and this thread continues to devolve into arguments. It is now closed. If you post was removed, it was done so under Rule 4 or Rule 12.