Old 01-06-2004, 08:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Unhappy Newbie

Hi, I am new to this type of communication so please bare with me. My name is alillie and I am pretty confused between the choices I am faced with to make for me and my kids. 11yrs with someone who drinks and a roller coaster of a life too.
I am at the stage do I stay or divorce? The unknow is more scary than the knowing of what you have come to live with. I was reading previous forums and was glad to hear I was not the only crazy person out there or who thought she was going crazy. I want to thank you ladies out there for putting out there what you have been through it helps us new comers.
Old 01-06-2004, 09:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Alillie!

I'm glad you found us. Always feel free to share about whatever is bugging you. You haven't said whether or not you're attending alanon. You might want to check out some live meetings if you haven't already. You are not alone.

Hugs.
Smoke
Old 01-06-2004, 11:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Alillie,

I'm new here too.

remember - You didn't cause it, you can't cure it, and you can't control it.

Carol - searching for serenity
Old 01-06-2004, 12:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi Alillie,
(I am new here too)
You are so not alone. Women, and men, do this everyday, feel the way you are probably feeling. The difference between you and some others is your growing awareness of the situation, and finding others who will know what you're going through.
all the best here,
v.
Old 01-06-2004, 01:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Thank you all for your support. Times like these we need to know we are not alone. Thank you again
Old 01-06-2004, 03:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Alillie

and welcome. I think the best part of the Alanon Family Groups is finding out that you are not alone. I remember having that feeling when I first came into the program as an Alateen, many years ago. I was astounded at how many people were going through the exact same things that I was.
I'm glad you found us, stick around.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 01-07-2004, 07:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

Welcome, Alillie!!! Gabe is right- you aren't alone- we all understand your pain. I too was shocked when I realized that there were others who were just like me, and that after being here for a while, they have found peace and serenity in their lives. As you'll notice too- it is a great place to go to where we can all be ourselves.
-SFG29
Old 01-07-2004, 04:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
....or at least hoping I am.

Welcome Alillie....

I hope you find much comfort w/in these boards in knowing you are not alone. You are not alone and don't have to be alone in what you are going through! We have been there also.
Old 01-07-2004, 04:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome,

These boards were the beginning of the new me!! I hope that you find that for yourself. Believe me I was asking myself that same question when I began posting here......check out the steps and work them. They can help and remember, one day at a time!

Blessings
Constant
Old 01-08-2004, 04:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Paused

Thank you all again I am very glad to have found this site. I am sitting here wondering how the rest of my night will be. For now it is good he is not home so peace and quite if you know what I mean. The house is going smoothly but when he works late I get a uneasy feeling because I never what condition he will be in. Slightly intoxicated or just drunk. He is not abusive or anything like that the attitude is what annoy's me. I read another post and she said I do not understand the lies and cheatin well I think that goes for all of us gals who have stayed. I am getting a few things off my chest. Thanks for listening. Ang
Old 01-08-2004, 07:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi Alillie and welcome to Soberrecovery!

You will find a great deal of support and gain new friendships here! Though I'm an alcoholic in recovery I like to pop over to see all the wonderful things that happen over here. Glad you found us!