What did you do for you today?

Old 06-28-2012, 10:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Survivor

Smile What did you do for you today?

Hi Everyone,

What have you done for you today? No matter how big or small. Did you step outside for fresh air? Take a bubble bath? Go for a walk? Wear something you feel attractive in? Read a passage from your favorite book?

I took a long shower and now I am heading to the mall to watch a movie. Not sure which one yet. But I decided to get out of my apartment and enjoy the day.

When I get back, I will read some of my favorite books, enjoy my couch, and just be.

How about you?

Love and Light,

Lily
Old 06-28-2012, 11:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

I ate something today.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

20 mins in my hot tub, straight out of bed this morning. mmmmm.......

I'm on my own at the office today so I brought a couple of great DVD's to play in the background while I get a bunch of old files scanned.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I took the day off from work. And tomorrow. And next Monday through Friday.

I recognized the signs of serious work burn out and addressed them.

Yippee - freedom! Sleeping in! Sitting in the sunshine! Playing in the garden!
Old 06-28-2012, 12:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I bought roses to plant in a new flower bed- nothing like a new flower bed to brighten up my life- and two DVDs to watch and out my feet up.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm going to pick up a grilled chicken salad with ranch dressing for my supper.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I had to go to the village to run some errands and buy groceries. While there I decided to treat myself to lunch. Fried chicken with rice, veggies, and avocado. Oh, and tortillas of course. Now I'm going to take advantage of the nice day and take my dogs and myself for a walk.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I spent the day with my 3 year-old Granddaughter, the light of my life. We played in the pool, and then with Littlest Pet Shop Animals.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I spent the day on the beautiful shores of Lake Huron.

It's days like today that help remind me why I live where I do.

I swam, read part of my book, and had the best peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Life is good!!!
Old 06-28-2012, 06:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I started my Radical Self-Love Bible! It's a little notebook in which I will put gratitude lists, things I love, inspiring quotes and prayers, positive images from magazines, compliments I receive, and whatever else that will uplift and inspire me.

I started by listing 10 things I love about myself, and then a quote from my mom, after I had been worrying if some new guy was going to like me enough to ask for a second date:

"Never forget, my dear.....YOU are the prize."
Old 06-28-2012, 09:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Took the day off (Hi Tuffgirl!!!) and took my sweetheart for a long hike, stumbling over fresh bear scat and moose prints and stopping to watch a squirrel scurry to his (or her) burrow with food for the loudly squealing babies.

Being out in the wild allows me to just be. I think way too much, but there, I'm busy enjoying, being observant, and feeling my legs burn. Best therapy ever.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:11 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I read my Courage to Change, changed my toe nail polish color, went to a meeting, went for a walk despite being 108 outside, and sat in the pool for a bit. Oh, and I had a frozen fudge bar for dessert!
Old 06-28-2012, 09:20 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
Took the day off (Hi Tuffgirl!!!) and took my sweetheart for a long hike, stumbling over fresh bear scat and moose prints and stopping to watch a squirrel scurry to his (or her) burrow with food for the loudly squealing babies.

Being out in the wild allows me to just be. I think way too much, but there, I'm busy enjoying, being observant, and feeling my legs burn. Best therapy ever.
This is MY main form of therapy. It stinks that I live in the desert and it's 108 most days now, hard to get out hiking and enjoying nature without driving 2 hours to Flagstaff. I do enjoy my neighborhood, though, because we're in the hills and have tons of wildlife that entertain me.

Most days I see prairie dogs, chipmunks, rabbits, coyotes, roadrunners, lizards, sometimes a few snakes or scorpions, bats, woodpeckers, cactus wrens, and my favorite the quails. Oh, the quails have all had their babies recently and there's a family of 4 that live in the wash near our mailboxes and I love watching them scurry across the road. The other day while looking for my quail babies, I was surprised when a coyote was trying to cross the road near me. He turned around upon seeing me and went and hid under a mesquite tree. As soon as I turned around back to my house, I looked back and saw him crossing the street and then I prayed that those quail babies stayed safe! Coyotes walk right next to my house on a regular basis and as much as I appreciate the wildlife, I don't want them in my yard.

Oh, and apparently we have a bobcat stalking the neighborhood, too. 4 neighbors have had it appear in their yards, drinking out of pools or dog bowls. And, another neighbor was losing chickens and finally saw the bobcat jump over their 6 foot fence to raid the chicken house! They are now keeping the chickens in the garage at night. FYI: we live in a suburban neighborhood comprised of 100 homes, we're not out in the country, LOL!
Old 06-28-2012, 11:11 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Lot Of Love Out There, Man.

Did you step outside for fresh air? Yep! Did not last long though it was over a hundred today.

Take a bubble bath? LOL NO!

Read a passage from your favorite book? Nope, but I am trying to find two of my books that I am afraid I left in a friends barn in another state: Chicken Poop for the Soul: Stories to Harden the Heart and Dampen the Spirit – by David Fisher, and, A**hole No More – by Xavier Crement.

I did though swallow my pride and visited a friend today. I shared with her that something she said to me three months ago was correct. Though the court signed off on the divorce decree 20 months ago, apparently I am still a little bitter. I have realized that I was just giving lip service to how things were when in reality I was holding onto some bitterness so I would not have to get close to others. It is great that I have been able to identify something to work on that will allow me to have more meaningful relationships later. So to answer your question, “What have you done for you today?” – With the help of HP, I have seen my next step.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:26 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
one second at a time

Smile just for today my dog thinks i'm awesome

Went to a meeting & great speaker ended his sharing with "someday I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am." Lol. So I drove home,got my dog Diogie, rolled the windows on my truck completely down & took him for a ride. I swear he was smiling the entire time with his head out the window & his tongue hanging out. I was struggling today & that ride made it all go away. For that brief period of time all that mattered was his happiness. Gonna keep coming back
Old 06-29-2012, 12:45 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I quit my job to take a better one!
Old 06-29-2012, 08:50 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cope35 View Post
Went to a meeting & great speaker ended his sharing with "someday I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am." Lol. So I drove home,got my dog Diogie, rolled the windows on my truck completely down & took him for a ride. I swear he was smiling the entire time with his head out the window & his tongue hanging out. I was struggling today & that ride made it all go away. For that brief period of time all that mattered was his happiness. Gonna keep coming back
I love this one...there is nothing better than taking my dogs out for a long off-leash run somewhere. I roll down the windows so they can stick their heads out on the way there, and watching their joy is joyful for me. Its these moments when I am truly in the moment.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:14 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Survivor

Went to Al- Anon f2f meeting.

Had breakfast with a friend.

Had a good workout at the gym.

Heading home to have a long nap and relax now.

Love and Light,

Lily
Old 06-29-2012, 11:35 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Took my dog to a dog park.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:14 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I let go of people who are not what I seek in friendships
I remembered I am free