What did you do for you today?

Old 07-05-2012, 11:01 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Survivor

Today I did my nails, cleaned my apartment, and got my hair cut.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:17 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I set my boundary today. No more - things WILL change. I am not banking on him changing anymore. I'm prepping to leave in case I have to.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:42 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I took extra time with my appearance -- I will not let myself go! Looking good = feeling good!
Old 07-05-2012, 11:46 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jessiec View Post
I took extra time with my appearance -- I will not let myself go! Looking good = feeling good!
omg, I so need to do this. I'm sitting here in my jammies, with puffy eyes and my hair messily braided...bleh. A nice long hot shower and dolling myself up for ME sounds fantastic; now I just gotta peel myself off of this chair and get the energy to do it!
Old 07-05-2012, 01:07 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Went NC with AH. Got tired of four months of indulging all his negativity, self-involved and self-centered BS, his baffling behavior, and selfishness. I thought I was being strong trying to work on my marriage in the face of great odds, but felt the strongest telling him I would not be communicating with him.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:24 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Bought 4 dinner plates at the Goodwill store - pottery with a pretty blue-green stripe all around the edge. I am pointedly throwing out the dull off white ones with brown stripe around the edge cause I wanna live in color!

Also got a small plaque that said: Women Who Behave Never Make History
Old 07-05-2012, 04:53 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

We have that same phrase hanging in our office! Along with "Women are like tea bags, you never know how strong they are until they are in hot water"

Today I spent the day running errands with my oldest daughter. We splurged and ate junk food for lunch, bought some cute summer clothes for her trip south this month, hit a few flea markets, Home Depot for me, and are now going to the butcher for a big bone in ham for dinner and days of leftovers. It's been a great day!
Old 07-05-2012, 06:20 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

today, with the help of my momma, i moved six carloads of my junk from his house back to mine. it was an emotional day, to say the least.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:03 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I've just really enjoyed me today.
Working my way back to believing that I'm valuable, and worthy to be loved, and worthy of enjoying life.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:42 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

wow..this will be me very soon. I am moving out in 2 weeks from AH of 17 years and I know there will be sad and good days. I am scared, but will continue the support on here and go to a meeting.

and take care of me..I forgot what that was about really. I could detach but the problem just got bigger. Looking forward to those days making me and my pets happy again. Will not be long...
Old 08-01-2014, 10:58 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Today I got on SR and I am learning how to be stronger just for me.