I'm more screwed up then I thought...

Old 06-27-2012, 11:02 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

woman,
I have been reading up on Borderline Personality disorder, and other PDs, as my sober RAH/stb ex has had a slew of worse behaviors set in.
Its like Pandoras box, and they talk a lot about CoD.

I need to take a break from it, because the more I read, the more I feel like I have the diseases I am reading about.

Codependency is a maze to me.
Reading about BPD, or ther PDs, and how CoDs fit right in, then dance the dance...it's all just exploding my brains.
Some days you do have to sit back and digest some, and not do that deep looking into yourself.
Some days I just have to live life, and all the stuff I have been learning just starts falling into place.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:02 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Buffalo66 View Post
woman,
I have been reading up on Borderline Personality disorder, and other PDs, as my sober RAH/stb ex has had a slew of worse behaviors set in.
Its like Pandoras box, and they talk a lot about CoD.

I need to take a break from it, because the more I read, the more I feel like I have the diseases I am reading about.

Codependency is a maze to me.
Reading about BPD, or ther PDs, and how CoDs fit right in, then dance the dance...it's all just exploding my brains.
Some days you do have to sit back and digest some, and not do that deep looking into yourself.
Some days I just have to live life, and all the stuff I have been learning just starts falling into place.
Yes - there is such a thing as self-help overkill!

Like B66 above, I too like to read a little, then set it all aside for a few days.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:07 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

I prevent this from happening by checking 10 or 20 books out from the library at a time. That way, I can't get stuck on just one. LOL
Old 06-28-2012, 10:16 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I did read more of women who love too much. And today I feel better. For me I find that I pick apart everything I do wrong without giving myself props for what I do right.

I have in the past, recognized men who persued me that were not healthy. I nipped them in the bud and didn't think twice about it. I have come a long way in realizing if what I'm doing is because I want to do it, and not out of feelings of guilt or obligation. And today I actually ASKED for something I needed from my A! Baby steps.

I have to remember my name.....woman IN PROGRESS, not woman perfected! lol

Much love to all, and do something nice for yourself today.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:45 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Do you journal? Journal tonight, or just make a list if you don't journal, of all the good things about you, all the things you do "right," all your pros, all your strengths, etc. Counterbalance that negative analyzing of yourself with good stuff. Glad you feel better.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:21 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Great idea L2L! I did start journaling recently, but all be darned if it wasn't about all my faults!

I think I'll start now

I have GREAT hair & I'm funny!
I have a wonderful relationship with my TEENAGER!

Go me! lol.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:24 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Having a great relationship with a teenager is definitely something to be proud of, and so is having great hair!

Old 06-28-2012, 12:13 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Your questions are valid WIP.

I do believe it happens to most of us, I know it does for me. When I start reading a new book that someone (many times on here, lol) has recommended and I start running all this 'stuff' in my head, over and over and over and start thinking negatively of myself I have once again gone into:

ANALYSIS PARALYSIS

and I put the book down, go get a fresh ice tea, take the dogs outside to play, etc totally change my mind set. Will pick up said book later, for SMALL DOSES.

I learned a long time ago, that it is Progress not Perfection, and sometimes I do end up going backwards a few steps. I have come to look at those times as a means of getting 'good traction' lol to start to momentum forward again.

So, please, step back from the self analysis, do what you 'feel comfortable' doing and no more.

Thank you for starting this thread!

Love and hugs,