No more "lost" books!!

Old 06-27-2012, 06:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

No more "lost" books!!

I've been chomping at the bit to receive my kindle so I can download some books that I don't want to have laying around the house.

Ok so I admit the first one I downloaded was the 50 Shades of Gray Trilogy, BUT this morning I've been a downloading MANIAC of Friends and Family recommended reading.

So far I have The Turmoil of Someone Else's Drinking
Losing Control, Finding Serenity quite a few others.

Lots are on my wishlist as well. Looking forward to being able to read these without the sarcastic drunken remarks or the books themselves disappearing mysteriously.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have a nook, and I love it.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I just received a Kindle from someone who got a new one and gifted the old one to me. Bonus-it's already got dozens of books loaded on it! After I read them I will re-register and start downloading books for myself. I think I'm going to love this thing.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've had my Kindle for about 6-7 months, it's the coolest thing ever!!

There are TONS of free book downloads you can take advantage of too, I've found some gems by unknown authors and sometimes you'll find popular authors will put their books up free for a few days for a little marketing boost.

There are so many it can be overwhelming but if you go to the App Store and do a search for "Free Kindle Books" you should be able to find the app that will send you daily links to the more popular or at least interesting freebies.

Have fun.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I got one for my birthday last year & never thought I would enjoy it so much!!! I can't wait until I travel later this summer & have everything in the same place.

One of my favorite parts is that I can send .pdf files to myself on it & keep important documents along with all my books. It worked great when I officiated my cousin's wedding earlier this year & I created a .pdf of their ceremony/vows instead of holding index cards or something.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have an iphone with the kindle app on it. I now carry a library in my pocket. I was really surprised as to how easy it was to read. I also have the kindle app on my PC and it is really cool that if I read on one when I go to the other it will ask me if I want to sync to the last page read.

Your friend,
Old 06-28-2012, 09:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am an avid reader, and an anti-digital book person because of it...until I got a Kindle! Hello! The world opened up before me right at my finger tips. Love Amazon "one-click" feature. I can have a book instantly!

I now have the Kindle app on my phone, tablet, and PC. My daughter and I have a library of over 150 books which we share as she now has my old Kindle. It's awesome!

I love that all of Melody Beattie's books are digital, but much of the Al-Anon stuff is not.