Anyone left their A that they work with

Old 06-19-2012, 04:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anyone left their A that they work with

Need some advice on leaving my ABF that I work with ... Yes, in a codie moment a year ago I got him a job at my work. Figured after he didn't work for 3.5 years and sat around getting drunk and high that MAYBE a job would give him the push he needed, us the income we needed and our r/s would benefit from it.

NOW, he just has more money for himself to drink. LOL. I work in the office and he works manual labor in the field so it isn't like we constantly see each other. I don't want to get him fired as I feel it isn't right for me to affect someone like that. My office (the owners and ops mgr) know our history and did before they hired him. I think when I leave him he'll eventually get fired for being late of his own accord (maybe / maybe not), I just think it is up to him, not me.

Any advice for anyone who has been through leaving an A that they work with? I am mentally preparing as the day is approaching when my lease is up and I give my 30 day notice. I set June 18th for me mentally and him verbally that if he didn't get help by working toward recovery then I was done. No more threats, I am all about action now. I didn't remind him about the date, obviously he didn't care. Drank all weekend and last night (LOL) .. big freakin' surprise.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks,
CS