SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   My apologies (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/259657-my-apologies.html)

scopikaz 06-15-2012 11:36 AM

My apologies

Well. I'd like to apologize to those who have read or responded to my posts these past few days. It's been good reading everyone's responses. You know basically just going thru my divorce, then the first person I connected with who we seemed to have a lot in common, she seemed like she had it altogether, and I knew of her 20 plus years ago in high school - I just became obsessed with her I guess. Only to find out about her alcohol, her possible drug use, her abusive relationships, drama, lies, lifestyle, etc. just the first time I've encountered someone like this in that kind of situation or lifestyle. I'm trying to deal with it and go on. But I guess in that sense it's like a drug or addiction huh? I've been in denial. Confused. Wanting to believe things would be ok or work out. I know I need to slow down. Take time out. One day at a time. Trust god. The whole nine yards. I think just my personality I've always wanted to help others. Keep and maintain friendships. Look at the bright side of things. Forgive others etc.
I really am trying. And again i appreciate the honesty thoughts and advice.

Tuffgirl 06-15-2012 11:45 AM

No apologies necessary to me, Scopikaz. It's hard to let go of what we thought things were going to be. You had something in mind that didn't come to fruition and its a disappointment. That's understandable.

I just hope you can let this one go and move on to someone else who can give you the kind of relationship you are seeking.

Florence 06-15-2012 12:23 PM

Personally, I had a hard time rectifying it when I was looking it in the face. I've never had this experience before my husband turned out to be an alcoholic, so all I had to work with were my perceptions of stereotypes and stuff I'd seen in movies. In real life it's a little different, and a lot trickier, especially with feelings involved.

Consider this a bullet dodged, pal. :)

Cyranoak 06-15-2012 12:34 PM

And for the love of God...

...please work on yourself in Alanon, counseling, or both to learn more about why you are who you are, why you made this decision, and how to not replicate these behaviors and choices in the future.

Good luck,

Cyranoak

Originally Posted by Tuffgirl (Post 3445927)
No apologies necessary to me, Scopikaz. It's hard to let go of what we thought things were going to be. You had something in mind that didn't come to fruition and its a disappointment. That's understandable.

I just hope you can let this one go and move on to someone else who can give you the kind of relationship you are seeking.

FireSprite 06-15-2012 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Florence (Post 3445987)
Personally, I had a hard time rectifying it when I was looking it in the face. I've never had this experience before my husband turned out to be an alcoholic, so all I had to work with were my perceptions of stereotypes and stuff I'd seen in movies. In real life it's a little different, and a lot trickier, especially with feelings involved.

Consider this a bullet dodged, pal. :)

Yeah, what she said! No worries, I hope you find happiness! :hug: