Baby steps...

Old 06-14-2012, 08:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Baby steps...

I bought myself decent makeup today, along with face wash and moisturizer. It's been so long since I even washed my face properly before bed. I also bought my four-year-old a kindergarden prep book and practiced writing his name with him, then read the baby the English/Spanish word book I got him. My AH sobered up today and called, all sobered up in time to travel for work on Monday. Talked about how he's going to a meeting, and he wants to fix himself, blah blah blah. I calmly said "You know what? I'm fine. Don't worry about our marriage, you put the knife through that a long time ago. Just focus on yourself and being there for your boys. I've got to go now." He texted me not to give up on us yet. Haha..too late. This last binge has killed any hope I had for him to change. On the bright side, I'm starting to enjoy being myself again and I look forward to my quiet time at night. I feel like a good mom again. A better one, anyway. He lost his keys and his phone this week, and spent all of his money. I worked, took care of the kids, and stayed sober and healthy for them. The last thing I can ever let myself do is let his chaos back in my household. I'm going to keep coming back and reading my old threads...
Old 06-14-2012, 09:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Its a great feeling isn't it-taking care of yourself and your kids, knowing that you are doing well and that you are not letting certain things interfere with your life. Good for You!
Old 06-14-2012, 09:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

Hugs,
Old 06-15-2012, 03:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Survivor

You are doing wonderfully. That is what it's all about, focusing our energies inward. You are on the right track. So proud of you.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Old 06-15-2012, 04:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Emmy G,

I am so happy for you... celebrate your progress with something special! A massage, bubble bath or something you enjoy.

You deserve it.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Love and hugs,
Old 06-15-2012, 06:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

This post makes me happy. Good for you!!!
Old 06-15-2012, 06:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Wow Emmy, I am so proud of you, you inspire me.

It's been a tough go for you, but look at you now.

Love to you, Katie
Old 06-15-2012, 07:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

YAY! You sound so sure of yourself and so positive. Keep up the great work, Emmy!
Old 06-15-2012, 08:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Positive energy for you! Wonderful. It is damn hard work, but you deserve the peace. Motivates me to be as strong as you sound.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EmmyG View Post
I bought myself decent makeup today, along with face wash and moisturizer. It's been so long since I even washed my face properly before bed. I also bought my four-year-old a kindergarden prep book and practiced writing his name with him, then read the baby the English/Spanish word book I got him.
Those words hit me in the stomach like a bowling ball. I wish you all the best in your recovery. I hope you are doing well right now.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:35 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I laughed when I read this. When my RAH moved out this last time, one tiny first swing at getting my SELF back was to spend some money on cleanser and moisturizer, wash and lotion my face before bed. FOr some reason in all the chaos and drama and tension, I was neglecting that part of myself.

I actually did that very same thing. ANd it feels great, too!