Expereinces and Perspectives...Please

Old 06-15-2012, 04:50 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Tuffgirl,
Thank you for your acknowledgment. It's becoming very clear to me, in the short life of this thread that I have been on a "Righteous" emotional high. The more I read on here the more I shake my head like how'd I get there? What just happened? Like a fog is clearing. It's become VERY clear to me that working the steps from the Al-Anon/Codependant side is neccessary for my ongoing recovery.

Yes it is true what I wrote and as Cyranoak pointed out, I have been all up in her side of the street and vacated mine. I'm coming to on her side wondering how I got there. I have been unfair and controlling at the very least and owe her a large apology. She has been very accommodating and the insatiable me just kept looking at what I didn't have. That's pretty sick of me.

Yes we are talking about it and I suppose if I want to see the positives here the fact that I am expressing feelings to her, like I never did in my 20 year marriage, is growth. The fact that she's still there after I have shared feelings that I judge myself for having, has been a huge growth opportunity. I am learning how to trust, albeit slowly and only when I get out of my own way. Its for sure in a bumbling clumsy, like the near two year old that I am, way, but it is progress. The alternative, the way I operated my whole life (I've come to understand) sucked and was proven beyond a resonable doubt to not be in my, or anyone elses best interest.

It's amazing how quickly things can turn around in my head once I finally do reach out. I look forward to when I don't stay so tucked up inside my head, causing myself and my loved ones pain, for so long. I KNOW getting it out to those who understand helps, its never not helped, but my pride and ego, my dis-ease, prevail and I take the ride all over again. There is however progress (I never knew any of this was optional before) and I will stay grateful for that. I do feel like a whipped pup which i'm taking as a good sign too my inner junk yard dog has been put back in it's cage and thats a good thing.

I just can't begin to explain how grateful I am for everyone who responded. You have given me some extremely valuable information.