The Big Cover Up (long)

Old 06-13-2012, 07:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Big Cover Up (long)

Tonight my AH brought another couple in for dinner where I work. When he showed up I could tell he was already well on his way to being drunk and stoned. I was running around the place like my hair was on fire, busy as all get out.
AH's steak was a tad undercooked and had to be brought up in temperature...or so he said..it was cooked per his requested order, but that wasn't good enough for him. So with a smile on my face I fixed the problem and went on about my business.
Fastforward to 2 hours later at home....AH comes in even more loaded than before after returning to the couples' home for cocktails after dinner. Doors slamming, feet stomping....and the almighty bellow...."That was the worst service I've ever had." And went on to tell me how terrible a server I am and the food was awful and he will never eat there again. Oh and I didn't evern take time to sit down and chat with our friends. Are you kidding me? I was picking up tables all over the restaurant for other servers that were weeded and was running my tail off!!! A full hour of this til he finally went to bed. I sat at the computer wondering what he was even taking about and then it hit me!!!!
He was deflecting the fact that he was pasted by starting an arguement with me and belittling me. HA!!! Felt good to be one step ahead of him. I calmly handed him a customer opinion card and told him to fill it out and send it to corperate. Went back about my business. In the back of my mind I heard Quack Quack Quack then looked up to see my employee of the month plaque for April. Love it when I can be a step ahead once on awhile.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I calmly handed him a customer opinion card and told him to fill it out and send it to corperate. Went back about my business.

OH he is sooooo silly! bwahahahahaha! Take it up with corporate. I love it Thelma.

Beth
Old 06-13-2012, 08:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

¨...running around the place like my hair was on fire, busy as all get out.¨
Having worked as a server, a bartender, and a restaurant manager I can relate to that. I think you handled the situation perfectly, good for you! (Belated congrats on being employee of the month!)
Old 06-14-2012, 04:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Bingo! Good job!
Old 06-14-2012, 05:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Congrats on "employee of the month"

that's awesome !!

oh & good job on ignoring the quacking!

PINK HUGS,
Rita
Old 06-14-2012, 05:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You handled that beautifully!

I spend many years waiting and bartending. Congratulations on your employee of the month award. Its a hard job and you're obviously very good at it. And you've obviously got some good recovery under your belt in light of hte way you saw your AHs behavior for what it was and handled it so gracefully! Hooray for you!!
Old 06-14-2012, 07:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good job. I never got into any type of hospitality service, it always seemed intimidating to me. Sounds like you handled things with grace.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Ugh, next time spill his drink on him. Maybe he will start eating somewhere else.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Maybe I should have started a new thread about this as I'm sure many will be able to relate and share, but I'm starting to realize the things we miss out on because of our A.
We've been invited to many functions this summer the I am using the work excuse to avoid going to so as no to be embarrassed my AH. Weddings, polo matches, river floats, ect. Going alone is not an option because if I go he will too, and I refuse to set myself up to be disappointed by 1) having a great time only to have it ruined when we get home by him or 2) being embarrassed by him in public and then having to deal with the nasty A when I get home. Better to avoid the hassle and make the $$