Quotes on Attitude

Old 06-13-2012, 11:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Quotes on Attitude

These are giving me courage today so I thought I would share with you.

“The one thing you can’t take away from me is the way I choose to respond to what you do to me. The last of one’s freedoms is to choose ones attitude in any given circumstance.” -Viktor Frankl

“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.” -Charles Swindoll

“Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be.” -George Sheehan
Old 06-13-2012, 01:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Love these!!!
Can I add a few that have been very meaningful to me?

"Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying... 'I will try again tomorrow."..... Mary Anne Radmacher

"The human spirit is never finished when it is defeated.... it is finished when it surrenders." ... Ben Stein

{and the one I share with my DD regularly:}

"Never grow a wishbone, daughter, where your backbone ought to be." ... Clementine Paddleford

I have all 3 of these pinned up on my desk, they are so helpful when I need to take a step back & collect myself. They really help me to keep perspective at times.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for those FireSprite. I especially like the wishbone/backbone one. I started the day off crying and when I found these quotes, they really helped remind me to use the tools I have but had forgotten I needed.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Lot Of Love Out There, Man.

Love this thread - attitude is everything - not only how I perceive myself but how I treat others!

“Without memory, there is no healing. Without forgiveness, there is no future.” - Unknown

“The truth is not for all men, but only for those who seek it.” - Alisa Zinov'yevna Rosenbaum

“If you treat an individual . . . as if he were what he ought to be and could be, he will become what he ought to be and could be.” - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 06-14-2012, 04:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

On the last day of school this year I was given a copy of a poem written by one of the students. The first two stanzas really hit me and this seems like the perfect place to share them.

"To understand me, you need to know
The difference between my personality and attitude.
My personality is because of who I am
My attitude is because of who you are.

And sometimes,
Giving someone a second chance,
Is like giving them another bullet for their gun
Because they missed you the first time around."

The poem goes on and talks about friends but I was really struck by those first two.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

"the hardest lesson in life to learn is just how simple life really is." author- i forgot.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

The difference between a successful person and others
is not a lack of strength,
not a lack of knowledge,
but rather a lack of will.
- Vince Lombardi
Old 06-14-2012, 06:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Strength does not come from winning.
Your struggles develop your strengths.
When you go through hardships
and decide not to surrender,
that is strength.
- Mohandas (Mahatma) Gandhi

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

We can let circumstances rule us,
or we can take charge and
rule our lives from within.
- Earl Nightingale

I gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience
in which I must stop and look fear in the face.
I say to myself, I've lived through this
and can take the next thing that comes along.
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 06-14-2012, 07:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

"Do not fear change, change fear", Karen Salmonsohn
"Don't judge me by my past, I don't live there anymore" author unknown
"You are confined only by the walls you build yourself." ?? author
"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of it's troubles, it empties today of it's strength"
"As I look back on my life, I realize that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being re-directed to something better." Steve Maraboli
"Judgements prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances." Wayne Dyer

Ok: those are just a few. Many come from posts from my sister on Facebook. She is struggling with her own marriage troubles and we all like to share these quotes on a regular basis. I think a few came from my cousin, too. I guess my family is filled with folks who are always striving to overcome and realizing that it's our attitudes that shape us! I love my family!
Old 06-15-2012, 05:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

One of my faves...

The search is what any man would undertake if he were not sunk in the everydayness of his own life. To become aware of the search is to be onto something. Not to be onto something is to be in despair. -Walker Percy