been gone so long

Old 06-12-2012, 11:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

been gone so long

i haven't been on here in so long i had to create a new user name cuz i forgot my old one! anyway, i just felt the need to post my life has been. i finally got the nerve to leave my AH and my divorce date is July 10th. he is not doing any better and the drinking continues. i have since reconnected with my old childhood sweetheart and life is happy and calm and fun and what more can i say! i'm elated. one thing i've taken away from my experience with living with an A is that i am not to blame for other peoples problems or issues. i am not responsible for thier actions. i can only change my life if "I" change it for myself. it was hard and i am still not at the end of that road yet (well at least not until the 10th!). i have no ill feelings towards him and i wish him all the best and i pray that he finds the strength to change his life, as i have changed mine. nobody out there should have to live in the perils of alcoholism. free yourself and find the strength to say "no more". i can't express enough the feeling of that freedom. i may be poor now but i'm happy.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Welcome back!

Thanks for sharing your update. I hope you will continue to grow in your recovery.
Please continue to post and share your experience, strength and hope. We care.