This is what freedom looks like

Old 06-11-2012, 01:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

This is what freedom looks like

After three years of torture with my NPD business partner, I am finally walking away.

Last week, for three consecutive days, three people who I utterly trust came to me and told me I need to get rid of her.

She set our newspaper up to fail, has been working our advertisers on side deals making money without telling me, profiting from my work while either abusing me or dangling the hope of more profits in front of me. Now she's looking to bring in more investors, push me out of the business.

The two other deals she's been putting together have folded because people can spot her a mile away. Why i didn't tell her to kiss my ass long ago is a mystery to me. People have been asking me why I work with her for the duration.

for now, I feel wonderful. I'm angry, of course, to discover the depth of her betrayal, but at least I already know how to deal with someone like that.
I hired an attorney to look over all the documents, and am starving her. I"m not answering her calls or emails, am getting my ducks in a row.

She will never profit off of my again, she can quack all she wants. The community will never do business with her, she has burned all of her bridges.

I do not feel sorry for her. I will ensure she goes away-forever.

The freedom here stems from being manipulated by her for years, buying into her lies and guilt. It's over. I"m free of that. I only see her for what she is and care enough about myself to stay far far away from her.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

hate you had to go thru such betrayal of trust ~ but sounds like you are doing a good job taking care of your financial business & yourself!!

great recovery!

PINK HUGS,
Rita
Old 06-11-2012, 02:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you - I know this has been a real thorn in your side and has been going on for a long time. I'm glad this is over.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

This is such a trip. I start to slip back into my old way of thinking with her, being afraid of her and what she's going to do to me, but then I remember that I'm almost free.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

If she is a true NPD, she may become quite desperate in the wake of you separating from her, having seen all of her true colors. They hate that.

Your plan of "starving" her is a good one. She will be looking for any crack in the veneer.

These people hate to 'lose'.

Good for you! Onward and Upward!
Old 06-11-2012, 04:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Buffalo, the only reason I call her NPD is because when I started googling how to deal with her, that is what came up over and over. If I follow the NPD advice, it works.

I don't know how long it will take, but knowing it's over and I'll be free soon is such a relief. I am shifting out of terrified though and feeling all kinds of love from the community. Fighting feeling not worthy too, but determined to win that one.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Recently, my old friend from high school, who lives on the West Coast and runs a lucrative business discovered that her partner, who she had been struggling dealing with for four years has been diagnosed as NPD.
He nearly sunk her business, ended up having a bit of a breakdown at a major presentation, trying to paint her as the inept party. It sounded like a soap opera, like People really do things like this!?
These people do.
Everytime I talk about my RAH, she says, "B66, I really think you should look into this. They are really messy people when they are revealed... " She is convinced my RAH is NPD

And, Ive been researching. Seems it is almost never just one PD, but a cluster or sub type under a major one.
Scary stuff when you start looking into it, isn't it?

I spend half the time now, applying the strategies listed for dealing w NPD and Borderline PD, when dealing w RAH. He definitely has something going on, and I am wising up.

Congratulations
Old 06-11-2012, 04:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

*****oo!! good for you for getting rid of this person!! has been toxic for a long time. YAY!!!!!!!!
Old 06-11-2012, 05:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

this is my favorite resource so far Buffallo
Home Page

If you answer YES to a number of the following questions your are dealing with a narcissistic personality.

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Does this indiividual have a lack of empathy (the ability to feel, understand and care about another person's emotional and psychological state)?

Does this person have bouts of volcanic rage?

Is he/she highly manipulative and deceptive?

Is this individual grandiose and have an extreme sense of self entitlement?

Is he/she a chronic liar?

Is he/she exploitative, taking advantage of others for his own gain?

Is he/she obsessed with creating and maintaining a perfect image?

Is he/she secretly paranoid?

Does this individual believe that he is superior to everyone and perfect?

Does he/she think he never makes mistakes?

Does he/she blame you for his mistakes?

Is this individual ruthless when dealing with you?

Is this person constantly critical of you?

Does he/she demean and humiliate you?

Is he/she highly controlling?

Does this person seek revenge when he is questioned or crossed?
Old 06-13-2012, 11:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My ABF I suspect has NPD or some form of something. I don't know if the alcohol and drugs have numbed him over the years. His enabling mother SWEARS he is a compassionate, sensitive, artistic type person. I have NEVER seen that side of him, ever. LOL. I am counting and biding my time to get out of my own sick/twisted r/s with my ABF and his enabling mother. Let her 'care' for him for the rest of his life, I don't give a crap anymore. It is amazing how sick some people are, truly.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:55 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

Hooray for you, Transformie!
You've done more than enough on your end trying to cope with this crazy woman.

I'll confess I really like your phrase "starving her" - I never thought of it this way before, and it's made me think. Thank you.