Closer to him becoming an "ex" ABF

Old 06-05-2012, 07:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Closer to him becoming an "ex" ABF

ABF lied about how much he drank last night, then we went to dinner and he ordered shots while I was in the bathroom. The conversation went south and I was accused of cheating (again...it's a constant accusation) and he called me a b-. This morning I left for a business trip and wouldn't hug him goodbye, so he called on the way to the airport, and turns out he didn't remember anything he said. I told him enough was enough and I didn't want to be with him. It only dawned on me later, after I talked to my mom, that I didn't actually ask him to move out. I spent about 3 hrs off and on the phone with him, but I did ask him to move out. It may be a chicken way out, but I'm glad I'm away for a couple of days so that I don't get lured back in. I think by Thursday, my resolve will be even stronger. I can't make I'm quit drinking, but I CAN choose to put my dignity and self-respec first. I'm so tired of wondering if I'll have jeckyl or Hyde when I get home
I feel like I'm abandoning his 6 yo daughter though. They've only lived with me for about 8 months. She's been through so much already. How do you get past that?
Old 06-05-2012, 08:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Lot Of Love Out There, Man.

Originally Posted by Bluebonnet1 View Post
I feel like I'm abandoning his 6 yo daughter though. They've only lived with me for about 8 months. She's been through so much already. How do you get past that?
Bluebonnet1,

That is difficult because a child cannot always speak or protect themselves. I suggest calling children services. Even if they cannot prove abuse at least it is a start of a track record of his drinking that they may need later.

From my own life experience, I can say that had sis and I not ended up in foster care one of us if not both would be dead today. On the night that the final battle line was drawn and my bio-parents separated/divorced, I can clearly remember my bio-dad holding a knife to my throat. I can remember two occasions when my bio-mom deliberately tried killing my sister. I pray no child ever endures what I have but sadly, I know they are out there. For 3 years after they divorced sis and I were bounced back and forth between them. After our last trip to the sheriff’s office for photos and the hospital, children services finally stepped in. In the early 70’s children were not listened to nor was child abuse taken seriously. I am not saying that will happen to her but please do not be afraid to make a call on her behalf.