AH drinking all day

Old 06-04-2012, 09:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AH drinking all day

I'm just wondering if my AH started drinking in the morning of his day off and drank till he passed out at 5 and woke up at 8…is he still intoxicated? I never understand him anymore hes so negative towards me anymore when hes drinking. I think hes going crazy.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes, still intoxicated...as a matter of act, he's probably intoxicated for a while after, even if he wre to stop drinking al together.
I hope you are getting yourself in a safe place, as no one can control to AH but them and it doesn't sound like he's going to be stopping anytime soon.....
Old 06-04-2012, 11:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

my AH started drinking Sunday lunch time stopped around 10pm and was still intoxicated at 6pm Monday!
Old 06-05-2012, 12:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I often wondered how long it lasted - my XABF used to drink all night and come back at 6am and still seem not with it at 6pm. I always assumed he had drunk again (which may have been the case) but it adds up if it just lasts longer. I would try and talk to him thinking he was sober and the self pity stuff would start and I would know.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

when I was dealing with my now ex ah ~ it didn't matter if he was still under the influence or "coming down" ~ the behaviors were still the same ~

irritable, irrational, delussional and argumentative ~ and mainly very unpleasant to be around. . .

In recovery, I learned I could set some boundaries about not being in my presence if he was going to use/drink . . . he wouldn't adhere to the boundaries he agreed to sober, which eventually lead to me choosing to leave our home at first when he would be under the influence - then I chose to leave permanently ~

Just my e, s, & h ~

PINK HUGS,
Rita
Old 06-05-2012, 05:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the input. My AH thinks he can drink all day and I have no reason to be upset. If I try to say something to him he cuts me down twice as bad...
Old 06-05-2012, 05:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

He was drunk by the time kids got home from school and I took the 3 kids out shopping....came home told him to go to bed since he was falling asleep on couch so at least he was out of our hair. Its always been this way and AH thinks all is fine. I dont but feel stuck right now.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So what can you do to get "unstuck"? Try making a list of all the things you need to get "unstuck", and start working down that list one at a time.

Anvil's right - the kids deserve a more calm and stable environment, not to mention you. I hate telling people they should leave a relationship; its really not my place as its such a personal decision, but this is so toxic.

Take good care,
~T
Old 06-05-2012, 09:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

It takes about an hour for one unit of alcohol to burn off. So if an alcoholics drinks 12 drinks in the evening, yes they are still legally drunk when they wake up in the morning after 7hrs of sleep or "pass out" time.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

HE has no problem drinking 20 in 8 hrs...
Old 06-05-2012, 12:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Originally Posted by TCB5568 View Post
HE has no problem drinking 20 in 8 hrs...
20 beers a day is a pretty serious problem. He probably knows he is an alcoholic but is afraid of stopping.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I guess I have just never given up hope that everything would get better...He has cut me down to the point where I feel like the biggest loser and yet keeps telling me he loves me everyday. Hes been nicer to the kids lately but then just tonight he put his leg out to purposely trip our 6 yr. Old girl and it was more of a kick. Oh i wish I had it on video. He says he didnt kick her just stopped her with his leg. But I saw it and he forcefully put leg out at exact moment and she screamed but because she smiled at the cat he thinks she was faking and not hurt. My 8 yr. Old boy sticks up for his dad and my girl says they break her heart. But then boy says he doesnt want to come home from school tomorrow bcuz this is a house of misery. Mayb tomorrow I pick them up from school and dont come home.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:59 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I'm sorry, but how can you just sit there and watch him abuse your children?? You KNOW this is abuse, yet you do nothing. This crap has been going on for a LONG TIME! This will be my last post to you because it angers me so much that you keep coming here and telling us how abusive this azzhole is to your kids, yet you do absolutely nothing about it.

Yes! Pick your kids up from school tomorrow and go to a domestic violence shelter. Let them help your children. Do SOMETHING for your children!!
Old 06-05-2012, 07:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I dont want them to think its acceptable or what they deserve. Im sure they know I dont think its acceptable because I get upset with AH any time he gets physical or rude n crude and they hear it all..
Last night AH scared my lil girl by saying he was going to seriously hurt the next one who spoke when they were going to bed and he slapped his fist on his hand hard. She was so upset I held her n hugged her told her daddy wasnt going to hurt her. She asked me if I would tell dad not to hurt her even if they cried a little bit. Her and her brother share a room right now in bunks...But serious when my son says this house is misery I feel like Im partly to blame...
Old 06-05-2012, 07:05 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I didnt just sit there and watch! I got up and screamed at him that he kicked her he denied it the boy stuck up for his dad and it was chaos.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:14 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

why dont you try taping what he does and says? have some sort of proof.
honestly, if a big man , even your father, threatens a little girl, it is very very scary.

your poor children, they are gonna be so messed up from this home life.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:15 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

TCB this is beyond venting on your part. What is YOUR point? You describe the physical and emotional abuse of your children at the hands of YOUR husband. You feel partly to blame? YOU are to blame. YOU are doing nothing but allowing it to happen. Put on your Big Girl pants and take responsibility for the welfare of the children you brought into this world. I too am leaving this and any other thread of yours.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:18 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Oh and also...You didn't just sit there and watch-you screamed at your husband. BIG DEAL! Alot of good I'm sure that did.

I can not believe that a forum such as SR allows anyone to continue to document the physical and emotional abuse of defenseless children. I'm ex;pectingmy posts to be deleted. heaven forbid anyone passing through reads such responses!
Old 06-05-2012, 07:22 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I can't read all your prior posts because I'm on the road with a weak signal. Somehow I seem to find the threads that involve Domestic Violence. Suki is right and I would ask you to read my recent posts on domestic violence. I can't write fast enough on my phone.

After reading this thread, I would have you and your children in a shelter and him being charged with felony abuse on a child. This thread bothers me. Pleasd do whatever needs to be done to protect your children. I beg you.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:24 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I was thinking of taping him but things happen so fast. I will try to remember to be ready with my video recorder and without him noticing...hopefully there wont b a chance for a next time. Im so sorry for puttin the kids through this. I am going to have to seriousley force myself to take the kids somewhere. Its so hard. I asked him to leave tonight and he wouldnt.