Anxiety?...Or Something Far Worse?

Old 06-06-2012, 01:55 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Red, please take this as a sign. You have to start making YOU the center of your life.

Nobody has the right, ( or should we give them the power), to jeopardize our well being and health. I think counseling is a great new beginning for you. I think you will gain a new sense of self. It's really going to all work out, hang in there.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

RedCandle, wishing you peaceful restful healing full nights' sleep and healing days. Glad you aren't more sick and that you have the start of a plan to get yourself well.

I think taking care of my mental health and soul health requires Extreme Self Care. Tons of planning and focus and learning to say No. My experience was that I somehow learned that putting my health first was "selfish".

Now I know that self-case is loving.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:27 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Many Doctor's are good doctors. The fact that some aren't is a poor excuse to not go to one. Many times then won't be able to find out exactly what's wrong right away.

But, other times they will. If there's something real that is wrong with you, finding it early may make something potentially very painful less so, and something potentially fatal not.

Your life, your health, your decision.

Good luck,

Cyranoak
Old 06-06-2012, 05:33 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Frances...Marie...

Learning the "self love" bit seems like a far off place so I certainly hope the therapist helps. She offers a free 30 minute "consultation" to see if we like eachother. I'm not sure if SHE is supposed to do all the talking...or if I am?

As far as self love goes...the doctor pointed out one very obvious "red flag"...that the only time I really feel "serenity" is when I've completely exhausted myself via exercise. I've even managed to twist around the "good" stress relievers!

I was amazed at how many questions I *couldn't* answer....
"What do you like to do for fun?"....I went blank....
"What do YOU offer in a relationship?"...I had nothing...

In reflection, I'm just in AWE at how different *I* have become through the past few years. Before I met my XABF I was taking myself on trips to Africa, had a huge group of friends, LOVED my job, excited about life....

I tell you, if the "old" RedCandle met TODAY'S RedCandle...they wouldn't recognize each other....and they probably wouldn't LIKE each other...