Truly feel relief and hopeless

Old 05-27-2012, 10:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Truly feel relief and hopeless

I don't really have much to say just want to say something to someone! Do you ever feel like you take 3 steps forward, 2 steps back. In your mind and heart you give up finally bc you've been thru hell. Even worse you have allowed yourself to e a part of hell. You get so tired of the insanity and repeating lies....detach move ahead....only to find that you've falling behind! So once again you pick yourself up (which I might add gets easier) and move along. Just don't get how a person can say one thing within an hour do the total opposite making everything they said crap! How does anyone sleep at night by lying and hurting people over and over.....So, I pick up and move on. In many ways.....I thank the Good Lord for protecting me! I don't have to deal with the drunk this time, I don't have to deal with the next lost job, the next detox, the jail drunk girlfriend. Rejection....I have to deal with not feeling good enough but in truth.....I am so much better off. I would rather be myself any day of week than live that life! Rambling rambling....I have to keep telling myself these things to avoid hurting.
Thank you alll for being here. I always find strength in SR bc I know I am not alone.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

or you can feel the hurt, let it go, and then move on. stop stuffing it inside. we are good at deceiving ourselves.

Then, go and do something really nice for you. Start treating yourself with the care you deserve.

Sending much understanding love your way,
Old 05-27-2012, 10:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That is so much of how I feel. You are not alone. Thank you for posting here.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Right there with you. ((HUGS))
Old 05-27-2012, 11:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I feel your pain. Hang in there and hugs to you.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Denial is one of the most tenacious mental states. While I'm in recovery my denial sits on my shoulder doing push ups. It's a process and it's "progress, not perfection." It helps to have someone to call who gives me a reality check. I think you're doing great! Hang in there, it gets easier and better. God bless.