First Rehab Visit

Old 05-26-2012, 07:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First Rehab Visit

Hi everybody. My boyfriend and soul mate is newly in rehab and I wasn't going to go right yet to 'teach him a lesson' or whatever, you know, I'm hurt and angry and shouldn't my actions say that? But today I decided I will go tomorrow because I love him and he needs support right now.

I'm still so angry though, and scared about seeing him, about how I will help and how to keep my mouth shut if I have something to say that doesn't help. I just joined this board , I've never posted on the net like this, that's how lost I am feeling. Thanks for listening if anyone has any advice- I am getting a sponsor and attending al anon and reading codependent no more haha I'm trying to be MY best self, just need some help. <3
Old 05-26-2012, 08:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Welcome to the SR family!

Please make yourself at home by reading and posting as much as needed. We are open 24/7 and always willing to listen and offer ES&H (experience, strength and hope).

Good on You! You are already taking steps to take better care of yourself!

Your ABF (alcoholic boy friend) is in the care of professionals. He is getting the support he needs from trained individuals. It's okay to let him utilize all the help that is available to him while he is in rehab.

It's also okay for you to use this time to focus on your own recovery of life with active alcoholism. Exploring your feelings during this time can help you to be a better relationship partner for the future.

I have found my Alanon meetings and literature to be helpful in my personal relationships as well as my business relationships. I like to think that I am learning skills for life!
Old 05-26-2012, 09:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Isn't it a challenge to decipher the two. Thanks for the welcome! I think this one is for me, to get some ground on forgiveness. And it feels good to support good choices. I'm blessed to be in a situation where there is hope. Just writing that brought me closure. Have a great night