SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Broken hearted and scared (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/257165-broken-hearted-scared.html)

angrywife 05-18-2012 11:57 PM

Broken hearted and scared

I moved out of our home Thursday. He has consumed at least 3 liters of rum in a 24 hour period, I saw the bottles. I think he's on a suicide mission. I'm scared. Even if I should just let him die, I don't feel right about it. He is an alcoholic, yes. He is also my husband and the father of my children. I still deeply love him. I can't bear the thought of finding him dead.

I need prayers please.

Chakaido 05-19-2012 12:04 AM

Sending prayers your way that your own healthy, happy life path will open up.

Sending prayers to him that he will get the help he needs to pull him back from the brink, experience some hope... right now.

Spes 05-19-2012 12:08 AM

angrywife,

I am so sorry about the pain and anxiety you are going through tonight. I will pray for you and your husband and your children.

Take care, my friend.

Seren 05-19-2012 04:58 AM

(((Angrywife))) Many prayers going out for you, your children, and your husband that he finally finds his way out!

sweetteewalls 05-19-2012 05:27 AM

I know your pain all too well. Focus on kids and yourself. You have to be strong for them. You can't control what he is doing. He's an adult making those choices. I know its so hard to get through the day/night but journal, watch a movie...whatever YOU enjoy. I will pray for you and your family. So rough, I'm going through it too.

EnglishGarden 05-19-2012 07:04 AM

I'm so sorry for your fear.

If there were something you could do, to stop his drinking, I'm sure you absolutely would be doing that right now. But there is not.

However, if he does call you and does speak of suicide, then call 911.

So many of us here tried so desperately in every way possible to make an alcoholic stop drinking, but we could not. Admitting our powerlessness over the alcoholic is the first and essential step to our recovery from the effects of alcoholism. And especially when we have children, we have to recover.

Sending a prayer to you today, for your entire family.

Katiekate 05-19-2012 01:06 PM

Hi there, you are in my prayers.

Sending you lots of hugs. Katie xo

angrywife 05-19-2012 01:25 PM

I stopped by this morning to make sure he was ok. I had to do it. Very little conversation, a hug, then goodbye. I know I can't control his drinking, but I will look in on him now and then to make sure he's still breathing. I don't believe that someone can make life or death choices under the influence of possibly lethal amounts of alcohol.

Now that I'm away from active drinking, I'm not angry anymore. I'm just going to treat him like any other sick person.

wicked 05-19-2012 01:34 PM

I am so glad you are not angry any more.
It sucks the life out of me to be angry all the time.
Anger also took energy I could use to get better, feel at peace.
Yes, he is very sick and until he decides to change this is what is.
Peace for you and your children.

Beth