Blogs

Notices

abandoned...

Old 05-18-2012, 06:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

abandoned...

My 1st payday since RAH left and I don't know what to do. I don't want to speak to him. He got paid last Friday and gave me the $ for some bills so I don't want to screw him over financially. But I need to know what I should pay if I need to hoard my $ for rent since its just my income now...Part of me feels like why do I even care to pay the things in his name or make sure he has money to stay another week in his scuzball motel. I don't want to be bitter, fair. So I called him at work to discuss logistics and he acted annoyed I called. The car I drive is in his name. I feel I should pay it because I drive it but then it will leave me needing his help next week. I hate going through this all because he couldn't deal. I know we will have to go to court but in interim, don't know what to do...
Old 05-18-2012, 06:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Perhaps emailing instead of calling. He is annoyed because he has to deal with life. Email strips all emotion, inflection etc and keeps is all business. Just a suggestion!
Old 05-18-2012, 07:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I tried to email but he always says "later".
Old 05-18-2012, 07:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What worked for me was focusing on myself and planning how to budget my money.
It wasn't my responsibility to figure out how my AW should budget her money. I am much more content when I keep my focus on my side of the street.

Your friend,
The Following User Says Thank You to m1k3 For This Useful Post:
Tuffgirl (05-18-2012)
Old 05-18-2012, 09:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have to agree with Mike on this one. How about letting him figure this stuff out for a while? See what happens? And worry about you and your own budgetary needs.

Fair is a place we go to ride the rides. And fair often equals some sort of guilt trip we place on ourselves. Try to let that feeling go.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tuffgirl For This Useful Post:
m1k3 (05-18-2012), ODAT63 (05-18-2012)
Old 05-18-2012, 09:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Fair is a place we go to ride the rides. And fair often equals some sort of guilt trip we place on ourselves. Try to let that feeling go.
Thanks TG, I really needed to hear that today. I have been trying to be fair with the alimony and it really feels like I'm on some sort of ride, and not a fun one.

Your friend,