New and Need Advice ASAP

Old 05-15-2012, 04:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

I learned some great information about alcoholism at this site.
I found this link that contains excerpts from the book "Under the Influence" and went out an bought the book after reading the excerpts. This information really helped me understand how every cell of the body can become addicted to alcohol.

Here is a link to the excerpts from the book "Under the Influence"

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...influence.html
Old 05-15-2012, 04:25 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

AutumnBorn,

Before you deactivate your account, I want you to know that I went the route that you desire to go. I am deeply in love with the woman I married and, like you, I knew she was an alcoholic before we married. I truly understand what you are feeling and going through....so does everyone else who responded to your posts. All they are trying to do is save you a lifetime of heartache.

It's to late for me; I have made the decision to stay with my wife even when I am sitting alone in the dark crying with despair. You see AutumnBorn, I already got the burial plot you mentioned several posts above. She is dying from alcohol abuse and somehow I have to convince the hospital in town to take her in again without insurance and with a promise to make payments towards their bill.

These people here have been very kind to me and sometimes very hard on me depending on what I want, or not want, to hear. Buth without these people here, I would have gone crazy. They have literally saved my life and now they are trying to save your. Please take the time to read all the stickeys and all our stories.

I wish you peace and happiness.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:36 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AutumnBorn View Post
What exactly did I say that was rude? In fact, I think I was rather friendly.

(Twit? Funny, isn't it?)

I'm not moving in with him, Beth, but thank you for your concern. He's moving back to his home town, where I live. I never said we were living together.

My apologies for offending you, Beth, though I do wonder what it is I said. I responded to some posts to my original posting (thank you La Te Da, since I am not as heavily invested as you, I may find myself one day saying "hey, I only wasted...."). I'll be deactivating my account now. I believe I came to the wrong place for ideas and support -- indeed, to learn something about alcoholism and how to help the man I love. I guess I'm just starting the process of disillusionment, so forgive me for still having hope.

Thank you for the wake up call.

Peace to you.
We are trying to tell you how to help him. If you enable him, you will not be helping him. Ask me how I know.

You are just the next one in line. There will be more. After you feel crushed and devastated, there will be another one. The truth is very painful.

I'm sure you love him, we have all loved our A's , most of us still do.

We all have put ourselves in harms way, because we thought we were stonger than Alcohol, we are not, in fact, the Alcohol in the lives of the Alcoholic we all love, is our alcohol too.