Yet another crisis

Old 05-14-2012, 06:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Climbing hills, flying down...

Yet another crisis

Got an email from my mom. ASis had called her to tell her that her druggie boyfriend had stolen her computer and other belongings to support his crack habit. She also apparently blew through $5,000 that she had been forced to save in a previous rehab program and is now homeless, moneyless, and trying to get my mom and dad to take her in again. My mom and dad told her to contact the rehab program that she was in previously and that they wouldn't take her in.

I wrote my mom back saying that I was sorry to hear about ASis' latest, but that I will not get involved in the chaos of her life again. Have not heard anything back from my mom or ASis.

Uhhhhgggghhhhhhh....this never changes.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry you are going through this but as a recovering crack addict who loved another crack addict, I think you're doing the right thing.

I refused to bail him out of jail, put money on his books, told him how great recovery was and never heard from him again.

It hurts, but the pain eases with time. I set firm boundaries, and that saved my sanity. Sounds like you are doing the same, so good for YOU!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-14-2012, 07:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good job!

Every time you take a step to break enabling habits it becomes easier. It is an automatic response to rush in to save them, and we have to condition ourselves to say no. You did great and should be proud of yourself!

Keep yourself well and take care