help

Old 05-14-2012, 09:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

help

i have been dating my boyfriend for almost 5 years and he recently just got out of rehab and went into one of those transitonal home for 5 months. He been to rehab before one well he is with me and one well we were dating and now . he is addicited to pills and drinking basiclay anything he can get his hands hand . I new he was recently recovering for addiction when we frist met . He told me he was fresh out of rehab but just by talking to him i new he had a good great and was trying to stay clean. in the begining we were just friends and than started dating . As the years went on he just got worst , fighting stealing from me and so on . i was going crazy from everything what was happing .he went to jail for a bit and than we become closer, missing each other and more promises but than it went back to normal fighting again . this time around is his 3rd time in rehab and everything was good until he gose on his weekend visit everything good for the fist lil while and than back to same old goin on the pc late at night doing things on the net what upset me even tho he says i love you its just the net. reading my meds what i need to take , but than when he gose back its all good again he miss me and i miss him. than he gose to this transitional house and its like am not apart of him anymore as he tells me that there allot of girls around there ( he loves to look at other girls but cont to tell me that am the only one for him ) by him telling me that it kills me insde breaks my heart and i feel dead inside . i dont know anymore having sleepless nights i just dont know
Posted in Uncategorized
Old 05-14-2012, 09:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Welcome to the SR family!

I hope you will keep posting, reading, and sharing as often as you need.

When I first arrived at SR I learned about the three C's of my loved ones addiction:

I did not Cause it
I can not Control it
I will not Cure it

The addiction belongs to the one with the issue. It was my job to start taking better care of myself.

I learned a better way of self-care through Alanon meetings, and by becoming a member here at SR, as well as reading self-help books.

One book I highly recommend is "Codependent No More" by Melody Beattie.

Please stick around, lots of information and support is available to you here.