Progress...

Old 05-12-2012, 05:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Progress...

AH called me after work and I feel pretty good after our conversation. He said our situation at home is bad, he doesn't want to do this to our children, and he needs help. I agreed. He asked if I just want to come home tonight...and for the first time in five years, I calmly said "No." I told him that I intend to stop worrying about his drinking, that I can't control it, and it's silly that I ever thought I could. I told him I need space, and that being away from home has been a really good thing for me.

Before, I would have gone home tonight and slept next to him full of resentment as he tried to act like everything was normal and he would never drink again. That's not me anymore. I actually feel really confident after our conversation. Of course part of me misses him, but I'm proud of myself for letting him know that this is no longer acceptable to me and I don't intend to stay on this rollercoaster with him. If he wants to get help, he can do it without me there! He asked me for the number of the therapist I had found for him/us. I gave it to him. What he does with it is up to him, but not my concern. I told him I have no intentions of initiating a divorce, or seeing anyone else, I am just going to focus on my happiness and the happiness of our babies, and whatever happens happens.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Rock on Sister!!!!
Old 05-12-2012, 06:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I too, am proud of you!
Old 05-12-2012, 06:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

:ghug3

Fantastic EmmyG!

Old 05-12-2012, 06:58 PM