Why's he so nice all of a sudden?

Old 05-08-2012, 02:49 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
liz, I just saw a MSNBC prison show that featured that tough Sheriff Joe & his tent city. That seems like a really tough place to do time. Men wear pink underwear & have to eat green bologni sandwiches! I believe many people here do not realize how often people continue to drive after being suspended. I mean what can the Department of Motor Vehicles do to a person after they already take the right to drive a vehicle? I'm not saying it's okay to do but just pointing out the reality.
He won't be in that section but the jail is still the same. He will get to wear his own clothes and will have work release during the day. He will be in with similar offenders: people who don't pay child support, DUI offenders, drug crimes, etc. Mostly misdemeanor stuff, doesn't make it any better though since it's all outdoors in those stinking tents!

I guess the DMV could put them on a house arrest system with a scram bracelet but I think that's what the courts do, not really something in the DMV's jurisdiction.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:05 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

People I have known that were pulled over driving without a license have the vehicles towed on the spot and impounded for a month at an (expensive) daily rate. An employee driving without a license got one of the company trucks impounded that way and it was no small hassle to jump through all the hoops to get it released back to the company. It's been my experience that almost always somebody else besides the A suffers because of an A driving without a license.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:10 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Manipulation
Old 05-08-2012, 03:11 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

And, now he's already moping around since I wasn't overjoyed at the fact that he 'broke the law for our love', LOL.
That's funny because I was just looking at getting something for myself on the FTD site.
I don't have to drive anywhere. I give the numbers from my magical card, and that lets FTD take the money out of my account.
Maybe he picked up something else while he was out? I know at the time I was drinking, it would have been my first stop.

Beth
Old 05-08-2012, 03:12 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
i'm sorry, but what a cad he is. he didn't break the law to SHOW his LOVE for you, he's just out being a damn cowboy......he could have thought ahead and ORDERED flowers and had them delivered. i woulda thrown em out, but that's just me......he's trying to snow you with this nicey nicey crap......get ya all puddly.

that's TWICE now he has already INTENTIONALLY and for no good reason operated a motorized vehicle. complete disregard for the risk inherenet in carrying out illegal activities and thumbing his nose at the laws. he's getting away with he CAN......and trying to get you to buy into it.

watch out.
LOL! I love that word: cad! Yep, and he expected me to what? Shower him with love and affection just because he got me flowers? HE BROKE THE LAW, for god's sake. I was tempted to throw them out but they are beautiful and I enjoy looking at them so I'm keeping them FOR ME.

Well, I may be keeping the peace right now but I am not buying into it. I am very much on the alert and watching every action. Yet, I also am working on enjoying my birthday week, trying to spend some time with friends, and I am really working hard at being in the moment(as difficult as this is since I am constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop).
Old 05-08-2012, 03:18 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wicked View Post
That's funny because I was just looking at getting something for myself on the FTD site.
I don't have to drive anywhere. I give the numbers from my magical card, and that lets FTD take the money out of my account.
Maybe he picked up something else while he was out? I know at the time I was drinking, it would have been my first stop.

Beth
Yep, maybe. It's funny because he told me that a friend is picking him up tomorrow night to go play tennis. Well, why doesn't he just drive himself there at this point? Why break the law one day and not the next? I just don't get it.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:28 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lizatola View Post
The one that the cops took from him the night of the DUI. It's the first thing his lawyer had him do, order a duplicate copy of his license from the DMV.
The driving privileges that are instantly lost when the police take the license on the spot can only be reinstated at a special hearing that has to take place within only days of the DUI. Licenses obtained by other means are unlawful as is actually using a fraudulent license. I wish I didn't know these things yet it helped me clear the fog when lie after glaring lie was revealed by fact.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:48 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lizatola View Post
HE BROKE THE LAW, for god's sake. I was tempted to throw them out but they are beautiful and I enjoy looking at them so I'm keeping them FOR ME.

Well, I may be keeping the peace right now but I am not buying into it. I am very much on the alert and watching every action. Yet, I also am working on enjoying my birthday week, trying to spend some time with friends, and I am really working hard at being in the moment(as difficult as this is since I am constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop).
One day AB showed up, driving on a suspended, to show me how much he "cared and had changed"...LOL

Hoping you have a really nice, peaceful birthday!
Old 05-08-2012, 05:17 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Kiana, I know someone who has been arrested for 10 Driving On A Revoked license. He simply buys $1000 beater cars. He does get them impounded but he doesn't even bother getting them out from the impound. Drunks feel as if the laws don't apply to them. Liz, I also read that "tough" Sherief Joe is being investigated by the Federal authorities for profiling. Perhaps, he will be a guest in his own jail? I'm glad your husband has work release as that jail seems unconstitutional.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:15 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
The driving privileges that are instantly lost when the police take the license on the spot can only be reinstated at a special hearing that has to take place within only days of the DUI. Licenses obtained by other means are unlawful as is actually using a fraudulent license. I wish I didn't know these things yet it helped me clear the fog when lie after glaring lie was revealed by fact.
Yes, and his lawyer attended the DMV hearing for him and got the license reinstated.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:32 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Well, the honeymoon period is over. He's back to one word answers, being sulky, and watching TV now in the other room away from the family. Oh well, I was kind today and loving except for my comment about how he got the flowers, but he can choose to shut us out....it's his life.

He tried being passive aggressive with me today and pick a fight about the particular road I was taking. His words, "I choose to not take this road, it has too many lights. But, you seem to just love it. You just love this road." I didn't say anything, usually I would argue my choice of road or whatever but I shut up. My next step is to start telling him that we can agree to disagree or something along those lines. But, for now, I'm just happy that I kept my mouth shut, LOL!
Old 05-09-2012, 08:25 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

lizatola,

Too many lights huh?
Do you love that road? I think you have special feelings for that road.
You can tell us. No judgment here. The road with too many lights.
I have one too.
It's called Woodward Ave. Goes straight downtown, and no aggressive pinheads like they are on I-75. 50 is the speed and it is strictly enforced (when going thru the good neighborhoods.) I do miss my road.
We will be together soon. I will get my license back (registration and insurance problems, not DUI) and I will ride up and down Woodward Avenue like there's no tomorrow. Sigh.....
Don't let him know about the special road, he will become jealous and you know what that will lead to......

Beth

My ex thought I took my road to get pulled over and get him in trouble. Idiot. Why would I want trouble from the cops? I hate authority, it always wins.

I am sorry it has gone back to passive aggressive, geez that is annoying.
:ghug3
Old 05-09-2012, 10:03 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wicked View Post
lizatola,

Too many lights huh?
Do you love that road? I think you have special feelings for that road.
You can tell us. No judgment here. The road with too many lights.
I have one too.
It's called Woodward Ave. Goes straight downtown, and no aggressive pinheads like they are on I-75. 50 is the speed and it is strictly enforced (when going thru the good neighborhoods.) I do miss my road.
We will be together soon. I will get my license back (registration and insurance problems, not DUI) and I will ride up and down Woodward Avenue like there's no tomorrow. Sigh.....
Don't let him know about the special road, he will become jealous and you know what that will lead to......

Beth

My ex thought I took my road to get pulled over and get him in trouble. Idiot. Why would I want trouble from the cops? I hate authority, it always wins.

I am sorry it has gone back to passive aggressive, geez that is annoying.
:ghug3
Yes, I take that particular road all the time just to **** him off, at least that's what he thinks. Honestly, I take that road just because I think it's easier and I don't really get bothered by the lights. It's only a 1/2 mile of road off the highway and he makes it sound like it's the biggest inconvenience in his life and gets all huffy that I won't get off at the next exit where he would get off. It's like he thinks I'm purposely trying to get under his skin. He just can't agree to disagree and he ALWAYS HAS TO HAVE THE LAST WORD. I'm finally at the point where I can let him, thank goodness!
Old 05-09-2012, 04:09 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

If he doesn't like the road you are taking, he can get out of the car and walk home on his own chosen road. All this toxic nonsense over a route.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:50 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

He just can't agree to disagree and he ALWAYS HAS TO HAVE THE LAST WORD. I'm finally at the point where I can let him, thank goodness!
Man, that is progress, that last word was a hard one for me to give up, especially after I got sober. Whew! Now, I don't have to hear it at all.

Beth