Tired

Old 04-25-2012, 08:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tired

Hi, this is my first time here. My husband was sober for 7 years and has started drinking again. It has really effected our son. I don't want to go through this again. Having a hard time.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Welcome to the SR family!

I am sorry about what brings you here, but glad you found us. Please pull out your keyboard and make yourself at home by reading and posting as much as needed.

You are not alone.
We are here to support you.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi, never post on this side but I guess I am tonight. Just wishing you well and your son and your husband. I think we mean well, we just mess up sometimes. Thanks for posting.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So very sorry to hear that. My AH had quit drinking for 15 years and then started again 2 years ago. He just got a DUI in February and quit again. He was never a true sober person, though. Just a dry drunk, no spiritual program. I understand where you're coming from and I also had your fears.
I, too, didn't want to go through it again but it's given me a chance to heal myself and see what part I play in all this madness. Seriously, I almost think it's that blessing in disguise. Keep coming back here and consider going to a face to face(f2f) Al Anon meeting in your area. Al Anon has saved me from true despair. Granted I have stumbled, I am still working through trust and forgiveness issues, but the program is giving me the tools to do it and find peace in the process.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

Welcome! Hope you find some comfort and peace here. You are not alone. Most of us here have been through a lot with alcoholism. Lizatola is right. Al-anon is a great place for support and guidance. If you can't get to a f2f meeting, you can start with this website: Online Al-Anon Outreach I used everything I could when I finally realized that I couldn't help the alcoholic unless I got some help for myself first. SR is a great place to read, post, and get connected, and it is available 24/7. Hugs, Magic
Old 04-26-2012, 04:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

your name is a good one... do you know why you are staying right now?

i'm the poster child for staying even though i knew it was a bad idea for me and especially for my young kids so please don't think i'm being glib about asking that.

do you have a way to leave? or ask him to leave?
Old 04-26-2012, 08:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. I am sorry your situation brought you here, but I hope you find it to be a safe place to share.

Take good care and keep coming back!
~T
Old 04-26-2012, 08:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So sorry for your situation. It is a hard disease to deal with. I wish you luck sorting it out.

A relapse with insight/knowledge that is was a mistake is very different from a relapse where the A thinks they can now drink normally. I wish the former for you