Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

April 24 in the Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON

Old 04-23-2012, 06:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Present

April 24 in the Little Blue Book ONE DAY at a TIME in AL-ANON:

Coming into Al-Anon can be like stepping into a bright new world. I begin to realize that I really can change my life by doing away with my fear, bitterness and resentment. This means I must guard against judging others by MY standards. It means examining and improving those standards and living up to them myself. If I am bitter, it is because I have allowed myself to blame others for my fate – blaming Fate, or the alcoholic, or God, of everything that has happened to me.

Yes, coming into Al-Anon and living with the program can give me a new view of my world, by helping me to see myself more clearly and accepting Al-Anon’s suggestion to change myself instead of others.

TODAY’S REMINDER

I had never admitted to myself that I was wrong or at fault in anything that happened. It was something of a shock to learn that I am expected, as part of the Al-Anon program, to search out my own shortcomings. I must be honest with and about myself in order to start on the high road to serenity. Will I be able to meet this challenge?

“Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it is impossible for anyone to accomplish. But whatever is possible for another, believe that you, too, are capable of it.” – Marcus Aurelius