Doh!

Old 04-23-2012, 01:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Doh!

Was slapped upside the head today by the realization that the work acquaintance I was eating lunch with was treating me with more genuine respect, affection and consideration than AH had in years.

One more step towards a life where I never settle for that again.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I had one of those cosmic bitch-slaps last year. My beloved horse died suddenly. The vet who came out to put my horse down was a total stranger. He hugged me and sat with me for a long time while I sobbed, comforting me.

My husband simply said "Well, that's one less to feed" and over the phone I could hear his drink clinking.

It hit me so hard that a total stranger gave me something my husband has never done, and it was at that moment that I knew that, sober or not, I no longer wanted my husband to be my husband.

We deserve better. We deserve love and respect and appreciation. We deserve someone who LIKES us. We deserve to like and respect ourselves. I, like you, will never again settle for anything less ever again!
Old 04-23-2012, 03:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Amen, and yes.

They wouldn't treat a stranger in such a way.

But you say it and you are crazy. Bleck.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Cosmic bitch-slaps, truly!

Make note of these...its nice to read over it all again a few years down the road! I get a kick out of my journal from two years ago. ; )
Old 04-24-2012, 08:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It seems like a lot of women in the rooms 'journal'...and they all say it helps. never the men though...just like how we hate to use 'instructions' & maps....must be something abnormal in our brains. although since becoming sober, if i have a project that includes directions--i now use them & even google the task on-line...