Signs someone is becoming a alcoholic?

Old 04-21-2012, 05:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Signs someone is becoming a alcoholic?

Is it a sign that somebody is becoming addict to drinking if they get really drunk every weekend and have a beer or two nearly everyday?
Old 04-21-2012, 06:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

There are no hard and fast rules AJ. Most would agree that it's *never* good to get really drunk; while the specific idea of "two twelve ounce cans of beer after work every day" sounds harmless. It also sounds really hard to believe.

Folks like me would tend to respond, "what's the point of only two beers? I can't even feel it!" Which is why for me, I can't drink at all. When I can "feel" it, i'm also at risk of making mistakes that might get someone hurt--that is unacceptable citizenship, in my view.

Bottom line, for me when it comes to alcohol, i don't care to think too much about specific definitions or what professionals "think" or what box i'm supposed to fit into. I just know I will eventually get drunk if I drink, therefore I know I can't drink.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Interesting reply. I'm just quick to draw it as being on path to become a alcoholic because that's exactly how my father become one.

So I just get the impression that if people drink every weekend, they will eventually drink every night then it will lead to harder drinks or increase in amount of drinking. I also find it so hard people would like drinking and not feeling it enough to want to drink everyday. I just plainly don't understand it.
But again... I'm the type of person who will kick guest out of the house if they bring a bottle of wine to my house just out of respect. It is just something I really fear.

Also my addict to adrenaline rush start out the same way! At first I just get it from kickboxing then it wasn't enough so I'd start to do more and more dangerous things every time and doing it whenever I could. I'm at the point where I almost don't feel alive or happy unless I'm in position where I could lost my life if I make one wrong move.